Another MGB GT returned to the roads!!! by podge

podge
Well after YEARS of toil I have finally finished my project.Straight through the MOT to-day! so now carefull running in,teething troubles and off we go!!43 YEARS YOUNG!!

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 20:16 #1 

Clifford
That looks fantastic, I know how much work goes into any vehicle restoration and this looks like a top job! Well done and enjoy it, get some miles under her belt and sort out any teething problems, but most of all enjoy all of your hard work!! :)

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 20:28 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Pretty car, happy motoring. :)

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 21:20 #3 

carlpenn
That looks beautiful Podge, congratulations on finishing :) Now just kick back and enjoy the ride ;)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 22:35 #4 

zojosc
The first car I fell in love with, never did get to own one!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 05:48 #5 

kandyman
Well done, she looks great.

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 06:13 #6 

Borg Warner
zojosc wrote:The first car I fell in love with, never did get to own one!

Get one you'll not regret it. Had mine for 11 years longest I've ever had a vehicle.

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 06:49 #7 

Tourerfogey
very nice - got any 'before' and 'during' pictures?

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 12:41 #8 

podge
A nice lump of cast iron "proper engine" coming out for the rebuild......
it breathes well now too...........
Just a few aerospace fittings too!!..........

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 13:02 #9 

Borg Warner
Like the pipework, very impressive.

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 13:56 #10 

Borg Warner
Here's mine. Has the increasingly rare auto box fitted to it. Actually fancy a GT as well. Mmmmm.

Very nice Podge. Did you do the work yourself?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 17:25 #11 

podge
Nice one there.I bought her 7 years ago,the previous owner had painted her but got all the gaps wrong,so I took her all apart again.Rebuilt everything,suspension,wiring,brakes et all,changed the box to an o/d one ,replaced all the glass 9e-bay new old stock!),its all Sundym too!Finished it off by retrimming the whole lot,headlining included.I managed to buy some leather hides so it smells nice inside too.All the chrome is from original cars,that way it all fits.I too fitted a Kenlowe along with a thermostat for that,123 ignition.Don't ask how much its cost over the years!This stays with us forever........the last time it was on the road for real was 1994.
I have allways liked working on MGBs,you can fix everything and they are so well enginered.
My lad in the USA is on his second roadster now,we reckon because he used to sit behind me in our first one in the 70s,it must have got in his blood!!

Posted 17 Aug 2012, 21:14 #12