An interesting day by MrB

MrB
Up at the crack of dawn - well actually well before it - at 4.30 am. I breakfasted and was off in a Taxi to Leeds station for the red eye to Plymouth.

Set off at 6am in a carriage full of 15 lads, and one poor girl, from Sheffield Uni, who'd been out all night in Leeds for one of their 21st Birthdays. Poor girl was getting all sorts of stick as she couldn't remember what she'd done or who to, so they were accusing her of all sorts. Made an interesting 1st 45 mins of Journey at least.

Few older gentlemen get on at Derby. A quick chat reveals they're off to the NEC and the Classic Car and Bike show. One of them has an E-Type he's restoring, one a Triumph Stag and the other a pot of cash just waiting for the right motor.

Arrived Birmingham at 8am ish, a young couple get on and promptly open a can of Strongbow each.

Arrive at Bristol on time, I know I was amazed, and changed trains for the next leg of my journey to Castle Cary in Somerset. Arrived there on time too, to meet Rob. A thoroughly nice 75 Tourer owner.

Test drove the car back to his place in Somerton. Car was exactly what he had described. Has a couple of issues, radiator fan is iffy. Seems to work on and off, more off than on actually, and the outside temp sensor has gone bananas. Apparently it was 40C today .

Anyways the deal was done and I am now the proud owner of a Moonstone Green, Connie Tourer. The one that was/is for sale on the club site. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=97157

Drive back was thankfully uneventful, if cold thanks to the outside temp sensor meaning no heat from the heater unless on high, and I managed to get home in time for the kickoff of the Footie. Well actually ended up picking up the family from Halifax instead, but it was 5.15, when it was due to kick off.

Will be getting her over to BigRuss at some point to check everything over on the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System).
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 03:40 #1 

solo.cab
Nice looking
Mal car

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 05:35 #2 

Trebor
link doesnt work for me but well done on your purchase anyway, i was enjoying your story until you mentioned the footie, as although i am a football fan, i gave up on England and their manager at the last world cup, a fan kit from Jules will cost about £150 who will also fit it for you if required
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 08:34 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Best of luck with the car.

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 09:39 #4 

kandyman
Sounds like you had a eventful day, glad the car was to your liking after travelling all that way.

Get some pictures up on here as some of us are not allowed over there ;)

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 09:56 #5 

JakeWilson
Lovely looking motor, best of luck with it.

Jake

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 12:50 #6 

MrB
Sorry guys forgot about all that nonsense. I will put some pictures up that the seller sent to me. As you can't read the listing either it's a 52 plate Connie Tourer, don't think is SE as no memory on seats but has reverse sensors, cruise and auto wipers. Has 125k miles on the clock, a lot of receipts for work and was up for £1200.

I managed to get it for £1150, as I will probably have to have the AC degassed and regassed as I think the AC condensor will be gone. There's a lot of receipts etc and there are notes to mechanics about a whooping noise, which is probably due to the fan being iffy. Thankfully I had to put a Kenlowe on the saloon that I can swap straight across to this one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 13:31 #7 

MrB
Couple more pics for you

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 13:33 #8 

MrB
Trebor wrote:link doesnt work for me but well done on your purchase anyway, i was enjoying your story until you mentioned the footie, as although i am a football fan, i gave up on England and their manager at the last world cup, a fan kit from Jules will cost about £150 who will also fit it for you if required

Didn't watch the footie either, just used it as a reference for when I got back. Don't think I did badly really Bradford to rural Somerset and back in around 12 hours.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 13:36 #9 

kandyman
Nice pictures thanks for posting,

I noticed it has a facelift grill badge.

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 18:40 #10 

Duncan
Nice car. Not much it doesn't have. Rear parking, rain sensing wipers, front fogs. Can't ask for a lot more really....

Posted 13 Nov 2011, 19:08 #11 

MrB
kandyman wrote:Nice pictures thanks for posting,

I noticed it has a facelift grill badge.

Yeah on a chrome grille :D

Am going to try get my badge of the saloon and swap it onto the chrome grille. Russ reckons it can be done if you're careful and patient.....
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 14 Nov 2011, 18:17 #12 

Duncan
There are a couple of holes at the back, for locating pegs. If you push on them, it should come off.

Posted 14 Nov 2011, 19:09 #13