Airbag Light On by kallikrates5

kallikrates5
This came on the other day, then went out and returned a couple of days later. Suspect is connector under the seat(s). My seats are manual, but heated and have monitors wired into them (headrest monitors) so not sure which ones I'm looking for. Any guidance?

Posted 27 Nov 2013, 12:30 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Yellow connectors, unplug and replug to clean terminals. Or cut wires off plugs and solder together for a more permanent fix if the light comes on after moving seat. A terminal block can also be used to make the connections..

Posted 27 Nov 2013, 13:12 #2 

kallikrates5
Thanks I'll check it soon.

Posted 27 Nov 2013, 16:47 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not sure whether you need to disconnect battery for 30 minutes before messing with these. To prevent accidental discharge of airbag. Someone in the know will be along to confirm one way or the other.

Posted 27 Nov 2013, 16:56 #4 

takestock
Strictly speaking the procedure should be the same as disconnecting the airbag in the steering wheel. Have to be honest and say people just don't. Ign off disconnect and reconnect the plugs under the seat a couple of times will sort it short term. long term spray with contact cleaner and all should be well. Some even cut the connectors out and replace the connectior
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Nov 2013, 19:18 #5 

Devilish
I do not bother to disconnect the battery when working under the seat on seat airbags and pre tensioners myself, as Dave said I would not advise it to anyone. You can cut off the connectors, touch the wires together, touch them to earth. Go anywhere near 12v with the wires and a driver/passenger/curtain airbag can seriously ********* you up. Follow procedure or on your own head be it.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 07:10 #6 

Devilish
I just love the "Chicken Pie you up" mick, never seen the likes, PMSL
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 07:13 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Devilish wrote:I just love the "Chicken Pie you up" mick, never seen the likes, PMSL

We have a selection of pies. :D

Posted 10 Dec 2013, 12:57 #8 

Duncan
I will add only one comment, which complements Steve's. Remember, the airbag and pretensioner system is basically a set of bombs. Personally I treat them as such. That doesn't mean I won't go near them, but respect what I'm dealing with. Many people get away with a lot of daft things, but it only takes a small slip......

Posted 11 Dec 2013, 21:57 #9 

Trebor
Sorry for the hijack but talking of bombs and pies reminds me of an old Black Country joke, Aynuk and his wife are heading for the air raid shelter after hearing the siren, she is half way there and realises she has forgot to put her teeth in and wants to go back for them, to which Aynuk replies " Do be daft they're droppin Bombs not Pies !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 07:56 #10