ABS Fault Finding Test. by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
I have recently had a ABS (Antilock Braking System)/Brake fault show up on the MGZT 190.

The fault consists of juddering/pulsing of the brake pedal, this only happens when i am coming to an halt either at a junction at a round about or when i am parking up, at only very slow speed 3-5mph, if i brake at speed ie 20-60 no pulsing or judder until the car is coming to stop as i say above.

I have no ABS light on the dash the ABS light passes the initial test, lights and then go's off after a few seconds.

I built an ABS test gauge with an old ABS sensor using the loom part and the ABS to hub which is connected to a multimeter as this one below.
Image1
Image2

To be continued later after more tests and photo's
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 Feb 2016, 02:01 #1 

Last edited by Arctic on 27 Mar 2016, 19:54, edited 17 times in total.

MN190
I had similar issue,
after a while it progressed to the ABS warning lamp coming on and loss of speedo, then fault clearing itself
a little bit longer and it ended up as a permanent fault, with an erratic fuel tank level indicator as well.
The ABS cable to the front drivers side was replaced and all well, including the fuel tank level.

Posted 26 Feb 2016, 13:08 #2 

Trebor
Nice addition to the kit Steve
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 Feb 2016, 19:46 #3 

Bermudan 75
Have you got any further with this Steve?

Posted 27 Mar 2016, 19:18 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Rover418275 wrote:Have you got any further with this Steve?

Hi Mike.
Yes I finally got it sorted out today I am at present uploading the photo's to my album but photo bucket is playing up so taking some time to sort out, once I have sussed why photo bucket is allowing all my albums to be shown if anyone clicks on my photo I can post up my findings and how to remove and replace the faulty item, which
turned out to be the wheel bearing O/S rear.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 27 Mar 2016, 19:34 #5