A Rare Day by Chartermark

Chartermark
Thank you everyone for a really good day at 'El Raistlin' yesterday. In personal specific terms;

Paul for his patience and skill coaxing my retro fit rear blind to work and fitting the switches etc so meticulously.

Andy for uncomplainingly having to remove it all, when the sellers assurance that all was well proved invalid.

Mike and Dave (Monk) whose selfless efforts fitted upgraded bulbs to the front and rear end.

Artic, for kindly upgrading the plenum platform and thoughtfully fitting 'project drive' victim, seat belt finishing caps.

Fraser, for various bits through the day, not least of all rich conversation!

Marilyn for endless beverages, cakes, bacon sarnies, and sparkling company

The drive home was wonderful, clear roads, a bright path and the rear blind sheltering the tailgater's glare.

Thank you everyone, a day of achievement and rare bonhomie ...

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 18:56 #1 

raistlin
Thank you Martin :)

Pleased to hear that your return trip was uneventful.

I was asked today if I can organize a mini nano-meet at our place again but missing out working on cars and going straight to the mince-pies :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 19:33 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'd definitely be up for that. :D

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 19:35 #3 

kandyman
What no working on cars.

Maybe you could give a demo on all the gadgets instated on your car and a brief "how to" chat then Rob/Trebor could give a clay/polish demo and so on.

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 19:52 #4 

kandyman
It was good to meet you again Martin.

Now I hope you have made some room in you boot ;)

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 19:54 #5 

Chartermark
Took me an hour today to load it all into the loft. I never realised how big the boot is!

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 21:38 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Yes nice meeting you again Martin and must say the mince pies were wonderful indeed i may thow one of these little mini meets at mine in near future once the tiling as been finished :roll: great company and fantastic hosts :hail: see you all soon i hope cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 22:17 #7 

Trebor
nice to see you back at the meets Martin, you have been missed
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 22:39 #8 

Bermudan 75
Glad you made it home with your improved lighting, a pleasure as always to be in your company Martin.

:thumbsup:

Mike

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 10:15 #9