A philosophical question about..... by Zeb

Zeb
Garage recommendations....

X member recommends a garage that apparently gave them good service...however X member uses garage because they know nowt about cars, ergo, their recommendation is not based on their knowledge and understanding of how any particular job on a car should be done...cos they don't know anything about such things....sooo should we all ignore people's garage recommendations for this very reason? :rolling:

As an aside. I know a little bit about car maintenance....unfortunately I know enough now to not be able to recommend a single garage in Lincolnshire...so where does that leave us? :confused:

Posted 30 Mar 2011, 19:43 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Erm well.............. Yes, no and nowhere.

Posted 30 Mar 2011, 19:53 #2 

Zeb
Mick wrote:Erm well.............. Yes, no and nowhere.

Think that confirms those dizzying thoughts I was having under the car then... :( Me? I blame Jake... :lol:

Posted 30 Mar 2011, 20:02 #3 

takestock
Can you be more specific then Zeb
Was it Phil who recommended some one to you? If so you should direct the question to the aforementioned Mr Osophical :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Mar 2011, 20:16 #4 

Martin
Me I think that all recommendations and advice on mechanical matters ..........lets say from a painter........should be taken with a large pot of yogurt ......digest then ejected :lol: .......As for the garages ..........lets say like another pot of yogurt ............only with no label............pot luck on what you get. :o I am afraid even good garages do bad work sometimes :confused:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 07:55 #5 

Duncan
I think you should write a book about it.

Deeply philosophical, and thought provoking.

You could call it

Zeb and the art of motor car maintenance.

:gmc:

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 11:59 #6 

James.uk
My local garage lads are brill... :P :thumbsup:

But they asked me NOT to advertise them on any website coz they already have as many customers as they can cope with.. :confused:

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 17:23 #7 

takestock
Me thinks Zeb has been well and truly spammed ( and yogurted ) bring on the jelly :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 17:25 #8 

Zeb
takestock wrote:Me thinks Zeb has been well and truly spammed ( and yogurted ) bring on the jelly :D

Maybe folk could bring the foodstuffs to the 'Mellow' thread.... :lol:

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 21:29 #9 

JohnDotCom
Only if its liquefied and a certain spirit added.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 22:14 #10