90 day notice......AGAIN by takestock (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

takestock
Getting pretty pissed off with this now, two year ago and last year, just before Christmas, 90 days notice, survived, just happened again, Three years in a row now. Total of 3871 people put at risk. Merry flaming Christmas Mr Carillion Energy Services. :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 17:36 #1 

Last edited by takestock on 05 Dec 2011, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Monkey
Sorry to hear this Dave, hope something comes around for you quick, it's quite worrying at times the number of people losing out at the moment :(

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 17:55 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Really feel for you Dave. I hope you can find something soon.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 18:16 #3 

JohnDotCom
Really sorry to hear this news for you again. :(
Hope you can get yourself sorted quickly.

Very worrying times out there for the Workers at the moment.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 18:31 #4 

Duncan
Sorry to hear the news Dave. As everyone else says, hope it gets sorted.

So many things are just starting to fall through the floor.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 19:01 #5 

SpongeBob
As with others, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I do think some companies have no heart when deciding when to announce bad news such as this. Hope you find something to go to if they decide to push everyone out :(

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 20:41 #6 

geesmith
I feel for you Dave. I'm now on my second redundancy in as many years. This time I don't have a sinking ship to join. It happened the same for me in November 2009. Christmas became a passing insignificance as I tried to keep the six people in my department in work.

On a brighter note my dog thinks it's great now I'm around most of the time.
I hope it works out for you mate.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 20:57 #7 

Bernard
Sorry to hear this, Dave. Not many jobs are really safe as I found out. I'm glad that I'm out of it all.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 22:44 #8 

kandyman
Sorry to hear the news Dave, hope everything works out for the best for you.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 22:48 #9 

Trebor
sorry to hear this Dave, i have had to apply for my own job this year and managed to survive and am expecting to go through the same in 2012 , hope you manage to keep your job
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 22:52 #10 

Last edited by Trebor on 01 Dec 2011, 09:00, edited 2 times in total.

raistlin
You can do without this mate :( I'm really sorry to hear the news. Maybe next year will be your year.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 06:32 #11 

James.uk
Sorry to hear you got such bad news (again!) Dave. Hopefully it wont happen and you will be kept on. :) :)

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 02:39 #12 

Zeb
I can only echo what others have said Dave....but...have you thought about going it alone? A man of your talents, honesty and pleasant demeanour would be in high demand..... me? I am off to lag somebody's roof today. :)

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 08:30 #13 

Beejay
I'm sorry to hear your problem has returned Dave, I experienced four redundances in 9 yrs, but that's the building trade, don't have that to worry about any more. Hope it works out.

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 22:09 #14 

MrB
Sorry to hear this has happened to you again Dave.

I can only echo the sentiments of the other members here, I hope it all works for you in the end.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 22:45 #15 

ned1
Hiya Dave

Just perusing through the forum and noticed your thread, sorry to hear about that. I got my 90 days notice earlier this year, was due to finish April 1st 2011 with current employer, luckily they secured funding from somewhere. Since then I have seen many good people leave only to still see it very top heavy on the managerial side of things, , pretty soon they will have none of us to manage at all. We have had recent meetings etc with regards to the financial situation of the organisation and it doesn't look good come January. I work in the voluntary sector and am finding tougher to actually do my job effectively, seeing as how I worked in partnership with the public sector peeps ...many of whom have been made redundant.

I am gonna put the lotto on Tuesday and will stick an extra one on for you fella.

Regards

Ned
The road to success is always under construction.

Posted 04 Dec 2011, 15:59 #16 

PaulT
Sorry about your predicament - 90 days is a long time to wait and worry.

I sometimes wonder whether companies do this in the hope that people will find another job to save the redundancy payment.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 14:14 #17 

JohnDotCom
PaulT wrote:Sorry about your predicament - 90 days is a long time to wait and worry.

I sometimes wonder whether companies do this in the hope that people will find another job to save the redundancy payment.

Paul

Sometimes its just a bit of legal paperwork, and as you say hope they won't have to dish out so much redundancy pay etc.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 17:06 #18 

ned1
I actually heard a manager the other day say to someone in front of me that ' it would actually help'.....after I was discussing about looking for another job and leaving of my own accord....

ANYWAY..I HAND MY NOTICE IN TOMORROW...

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 22:25 #19 

ned1
Done....!

Posted 06 Dec 2011, 22:57 #20