190 Inlet Manifold by Trebor

Trebor
As title, preferably from a low mileage car at second hand money lol "!

Seriously all working manifolds considered

Just bought a ZT and found out that the seller has solved the rattle by spliiting open the manifold, removing the arm and flaps and resealing with self tapping screws and silicone - nice ! I will get back to him but am not holding my breath for any recompense. The car does seem great in all other respects though
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 12:01 #1 

Duncan
Ouch.

There were some brand new ones, I think from e-carparts, though almost £500 notes is big money.

There must be some good used ones about: but I have surveillance on my V6 so don't even think about it....

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 13:21 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rover-75-mg-z ... 500wt_1413
allegedly in perfect working order.

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 13:37 #3 

Trebor
Thanks guys, e parts have some on e bay for £485 which come with new VIS (Variable Intake System) motors and a few for sale on e bay second hand from £130 upwards. Will likely buy second hand as a lot of difference between the 2, but will want a warranty which seem to range from 30 - 90 days with most being 30
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 18:41 #4 

TyphoonTT
Shame the issue isn't going to be an easier fix Rob. :(

Hope you get a goodun.

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 19:17 #5 

Trebor
just bought one off Lewis, cant wait to see hoe the car should perform
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 20:57 #6 

Trebor
The car is now cured following a replacement inlet manifold and both working vis motors, the seller had doctored the manifold by splitting it open and taking out all the flaps, so car was not performing well.

What a difference after a new manifold, ticking over about 800 rpm when warm and the performance is great, bought the car for swmbo but she has to prise the keys from me !

Thanks to everyone who offered advice, and Dave for the balance motor and Lewis for the manifold

Polished it today at a mini nano meet - some more pics from today on the nano website in my sig below if you want to take a look

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Nov 2011, 22:07 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Looking absolutely splendid Rob, really pleased you like your new ride. :)

Posted 19 Nov 2011, 22:28 #8 

Cowley_MOA
She’s looking lovely Rob! I’m glad you’ve go the manifold fitted okay :)
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 21:37 #9