Leak identification by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
My car has a leak as shown in the attached photographs

Leak1.JPG

The leak is coming from the power steering hoses.
Is the cure to replace the jubilee clips as the original ones don't seem to be ones that you can tighten up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 23 Feb 2023, 12:13 #1 

takestock
How strange Mike, the hoses under my power steering reservoir appear to be weeping slightly On the KV6) and they are secured by the same type of clips you see on cv boots only smaller, i believe yours are the same, (the ones that are compressed with a special tool) but your picture does not expand when clicked on. I'm convinced they hold no serious pressure and will be changing them for jubilee clips this weekend!

Edit, It appears I missed your birthday, happy belated :oops: :happy birthday: ..
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Feb 2023, 13:57 #2 

Bermudan 75
Cheers Dave.

Fortunately I have plenty of Jubilee clips, but as the car is approaching twenty years I do wonder if some hoses are deteriorating now.

Posted 23 Feb 2023, 15:19 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mike & Dave.
How are you both able to see those photos :-o you both must have special powers, don't forget the diesel hose can rub through on the coolant pipe, in that area, but please try larger pictures
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Feb 2023, 10:08 #4 

Bermudan 75
takestock wrote:How strange Mike, the hoses under my power steering reservoir appear to be weeping slightly On the KV6) and they are secured by the same type of clips you see on cv boots only smaller, i believe yours are the same, (the ones that are compressed with a special tool) but your picture does not expand when clicked on. I'm convinced they hold no serious pressure and will be changing them for jubilee clips this weekend!

Edit, It appears I missed your birthday, happy belated :oops: :happy birthday: ..

Hi Dave,

Did you change the clips on these hoses? Is it possible that the cause of the leak is a worn out banjo union?

Mike

Posted 09 Mar 2023, 09:30 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mike.
I think only the diesels have the banjo union, and yes they can weep, try nipping it up a little tighter, after that the washer could need changing.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Mar 2023, 10:40 #6