Aerial locations by Raistlin

Raistlin
Does anybody know where the Smart Nav GPS and GSM aerials are located please.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 14:35 #1 

Raistlin
I guess not then :)
Paul

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 21:48 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Paul.
I have not yet had a chance to look through my boxes for any of these item, but found this on rimmers which you may well know about anyway.
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001662

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-T-2001- ... 5d4bbbb08a

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=17762

Paul pics I have found so I must have some sort of wiring etc in the boxes

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 22:13 #3 

Duncan
Steve, I can't see your pictures properly, but they seem to show the location of the normal NAV stuff. Smartnav was fitted after, so the antennas may not be in the same place.
EDIT: once again, now I've posted, I can see the pictures at a sensible size, and they are the locations of the standard nav, rather than the smartnav.

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 07:34 #4 

Raistlin
Thanks anyway Steve :)
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 09:10 #5 

Mad-Monkey
I put them in the headlining for the gsm and the gps in the inside of the dash at the top. Worked fine. The gsm antenna was a self adhesive thing which stuck to the glass as close to the headlining as possible with the cable routed accordingly.

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 09:44 #6 

Raistlin
Mad-Monkey wrote:I put them in the headlining for the gsm and the gps in the inside of the dash at the top. Worked fine. The gsm antenna was a self adhesive thing which stuck to the glass as close to the headlining as possible with the cable routed accordingly.

Was that on your Merc David? I was wondering because I like the idea of concealing both GPS aerials in the dash but not sure how to do so on a 75?
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 09:56 #7 

Mad-Monkey
It was when I had the ZT. It all worked fine. The gps seemed quite strong through the dash. The GSM was a third party antenna but you couldn't really see it unless you looked for it as ut was tucked right up on the glass in the headlining. I think the standard antenna is different, but has a standard connector. I'll see if I can find it on ebay for you.

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 20:38 #8 

Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
I cant remember which connector the smartnav uses but thats the style I used :)

Posted 07 Jun 2014, 23:07 #10 

PaulT
On the Chinese units the GPS aerial within the dash works well with the exception of a 5 mile stretch of the A18 where the signal goes and then comes back (tree lined part). However, never lost it in France driving along tree lined roads.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 08 Jun 2014, 08:15 #11 

Raistlin
Thanks chaps :)
Paul

Posted 08 Jun 2014, 08:31 #12