New member. by Touchstone

Touchstone
Hello all, just joined the forum.

After retiring I bought myself an MGTF for fun,but I needed a car for family type transport, had a company car for many years and of course that was returned when I finished work.
So had a good look around and came to the conclusion that I needed a Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 4dr 2.5 V6 Auto, truthfully it wasn't a hard decision as I've always liked and admired them.
So came up with this one, it has all the bells and whistles it can have and am pleased to say it's the top of the range model (bragging here, never thought I'd be able to afford such a car)

Just a few pictures of the beast.

Memory seats, power folds. And now have floor mats in it.

Full HK setup etc.

I now have a cap for the windsreen washer bottle.

But would like a badge for the engine cover. Suspect I'll have to pickup another cover from breakers.

Oh my, the expence, where will all end.
Ian

Igorth thtitch you up.

Posted 01 Nov 2011, 20:49 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Looks to be in really fine condition from the pics, that V6 married to the auto box really is such a sweet combination.

Posted 01 Nov 2011, 20:53 #2 

Jürgen
Welcome to the Community. :)

Looks like a nice car (even with a wooden steering wheel). I wish you trouble free motoring.

Posted 01 Nov 2011, 21:03 #3 

starbug2
welcome , this last year besides a certain rover 75 we have a MGF as well . not built for cargo or more than 2 people but drive very well;) :thumbsup: . your 75 looks very nice :thumbsup:

Posted 01 Nov 2011, 22:20 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Welcome
Looks to be a nice find elec memory heated seats,BRG hope to see you at some of our meets next year.

Check your plenums before the bad winter sets in also that the fan works ok and may i ask how is your handbrake ie how may clicks does it hold on Cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 03:34 #5 

Touchstone
Arctic wrote:Hi Welcome
Looks to be a nice find elec memory heated seats,BRG hope to see you at some of our meets next year.

Check your plenums before the bad winter sets in also that the fan works ok and may i ask how is your handbrake ie how may clicks does it hold on Cheers Arctic

Had the beast 12 months now and I am a member of the other forums, only recently found this one.
Plenum's all sorted some time ago, and fans no problems that I can find.
Arrrr yes hand break, cra-- sorry not good, have seen the posts re compensator and intend to order one to fix my problem, (Am I correct it is you that does the modified one, could you PM re payment, I can do paypal, if thats the way to go)
Only problem so far was the swimming pool footwells when first bought, (sunroof drains) cost to fix nil, time to fix 5 min, time to dry out carpets two weeks.
Arr, the fun you can have when purchasing second hand.
Ian

Igorth thtitch you up.

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 10:19 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Touchstone wrote:
Arctic wrote:Hi Welcome

Had the beast 12 months now and I am a member of the other forums, only recently found this one.
Plenum's all sorted some time ago, and fans no problems that I can find.
Arrrr yes hand break, cra-- sorry not good, have seen the posts re compensator and intend to order one to fix my problem, (Am I correct it is you that does the modified one, could you PM re payment, I can do paypal, if thats the way to go)
Only problem so far was the swimming pool footwells when first bought, (sunroof drains) cost to fix nil, time to fix 5 min, time to dry out carpets two weeks.
Arr, the fun you can have when purchasing second hand.

Yes with the modifed compensators i have sent you a PM with regards this cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 00:03 #7