PCV Filter Heads Up by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Thought this might help anyone whom is about to buy a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) filter this is where i get mine from i change mine twice a year i know you dont have to but hey at this price and 20 mins work why not, ordered and delivered 30 hours cheers Arctic
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150622815125? ... 1438.l2649
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Oct 2011, 00:10 #1 

BADLAD
Steve helped me replace mine at the nano meet last Sunday. I bought mine from best of British for £24.50 so this is a two for less than the price of one deal as far as I can see. I'm going to get one as a spare for that price.

Ian.

Posted 19 Oct 2011, 09:36 #2 

Professor Plum
I can second this advice.

The filter arrived so quickly, I didn't have time to think up an excuse for not doing the work.

Posted 21 Oct 2011, 19:34 #3 

bertie
I also used this one, aftermarket replacement, but only simple seperator/filter........no problem and as mentioned quick delivery.

Posted 22 Oct 2011, 07:59 #4 

ned1
Hiya Arctic, I discovers that the filter existed only a few months back to be honest, I would have thought it'd be part of a service pack? what were rover thinking.???

I didn't replace mine just simply cleaned it with solvent and it looked OK. In hindsight I was... as always trying to save money. So would I feel the difference in replacing this original ( string ball one) for the one you have mentioned ??? cheers

Ned
The road to success is always under construction.

Posted 28 Nov 2011, 23:14 #5 

Duncan
Well as it's a BMW engine, I think BMW didn't put it on the service list, or forgot to tell Rover. Who knows?

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 21:26 #6 

ned1
Its was a big oversight though wasn't it!

shocking stuff

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 17:26 #7 

JohnDotCom
It is on the BMW Diesel service sheet and manual to change etc.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 19:11 #8 

Duncan
JohnDotCom wrote:It is on the BMW Diesel service sheet and manual to change etc.

Yes it is now, but was it always?

I don't know I'm just theorising / asking.

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 20:14 #9 

JohnDotCom
It's on the 2001 3 & 5 Series Service sheet, but not sure of earlier than that Duncan.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 09:46 #10 

Duncan
Ah but 2001 is after BMW offloaded Rover. So maybe BMW added it but didn't tell MGR? Who knows?

Posted 04 Dec 2011, 18:25 #11 

ned1
Whatever the story behind it, i will probably get it done after xmas,..dont know if I will 'feel the benefit' mind!????

Posted 04 Dec 2011, 23:11 #12 

Duncan
I fitted one of the low maintenance versions and the car seemed to run better. Might have been in my mind of course....

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 21:15 #13 

JohnDotCom
It's when you leave them that you will notice a difference. :-o
John

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 12:04 #14 

starbug2
Duncan wrote:I fitted one of the low maintenance versions and the car seemed to run better. Might have been in my mind of course....

i think that is what Austin garages put on mine and before that Jules had changed it when he did my fan . not noticed any difference

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:13 #15 

carlpenn
Just found this and want to say nice find Steve :) Ordering one to replace now and one for later - Seeing as its such a cheap price. Thanks Mate :D
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 09 Jan 2012, 08:48 #16 

James.uk
There wont be any diff, but your turbo will last a lot longer.. ;)

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 01:33 #17 

carlpenn
Just wanted to add to this Thread by saying I ordered teh PCV Filters Monday Morning and they arrived first thing Tuesday Morning, so very, very quick delivery :D

Haven't fitted one yet, as I am buying a Filter Kit so whilst stripping the Air Filter box, I can change that too, save dismantling things twice :)

Thanks Steve for the Heads up on these :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 11 Jan 2012, 08:58 #18