New acquisition. by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
Just been out and collected this from a local dealer. One or two niggles with it but I don't think it will be difficult to sort. It appears to be quite an early one - M001285. The car seems fairly happy standing on our drive, there's no way it will squeeze into the garage so all the work will have to be done there.
The guy who used to help me with the LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) conversions is going to have it when it's running gas.

Maybe we can get him along to a nano meet. :)

Yes, I know there are weeds in the gravel. There are far more important car things to do. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 13:47 #1 

takestock
Posh people with drives, gravel and garages, what is this forum coming to......
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 16:44 #2 

Bernard
takestock wrote:Posh people with drives, gravel and garages, what is this forum coming to......

Got an indoor lavvy too but no longer got a bath to keep the coal in. 8-)

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 16:51 #3 

Tourerfogey
Is that a blue personal line interior I can see through the backlight?

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 17:55 #4 

Bernard
Tourerfogey wrote:Is that a blue personal line interior I can see through the backlight?

Dunno. Looks a bit green in the flesh.

Its got headlamp washers but not Xenons, chrome bullets but not powerfolds and traction control but not working.

Probably will change the cambelt unless we can be assured by the previous owner that it is up to date. It shows every sign of having been well looked after mechanically and runs well but the paintwork lacquer has peeled on the bonnet.

Better than being broken I think, which was going to be its fate earlier today. :roll:

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 18:19 #5 

JohnDotCom
Looks a good acquisition Bernard. That would make anyone a happy bunny.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 18:21 #6 

Duncan
It is an early one by the looks of it.

Are the PDC sensors black, or just missing? The colour of the surround on the hazard switch is another giveaway of an early one.

Have to say it's a nice motor though!

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 19:02 #7 

starbug2
looks nice . hope it is soon fully running

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 19:12 #8 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:It is an early one by the looks of it.

Are the PDC sensors black, or just missing? The colour of the surround on the hazard switch is another giveaway of an early one.

Have to say it's a nice motor though!

Paint appears to have worn off the PDC sensors and the hazard surround is black.

Originally sold on May 5 1999 and changed hands once on 2001. So same owner for 10 years about 3 miles from me.

When I compare the condition of this car to the newer rot-box Mercedes C240 that I've just disposed of - well there is no comparison.

There is not much wrong with it, drives very well without knocks or rattles. I will post up the couple of problems in the technical section when I've put a new battery in it as they may well disappear with full voltage present.

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 19:51 #9 

Duncan
Black hazard surround is a prelaunch I'm pretty sure. Paint's probably come off the PDC sensors due to the way they were painted, as they would have been black when fitted, and someone has repainted them while on the car.

Could have been this one

or this one

or this one which is blue inside

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 20:02 #10 

Bernard
Very poor colour rendition in my photo, it's actually that metallic pale green, is it called Moonstone?

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 20:21 #11 

PaulT
Bernard wrote:Very poor colour rendition in my photo, it's actually that metallic pale green, is it called Moonstone?

That's what it is called
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 20:25 #12 

Cowley_MOA
Bernard, so it was you that purchased that one from ebay then :D. It looks a fine example, and high spec too.

With regard to the Parking Sensors, Duncan is right they should be black and unpainted. However much like my MOA they have been painted at some point and the paint is coming off.

Wow Duncan those photos are fantastic, I love the phone setup!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 28 Jun 2011, 22:58 #13