Before and after.... by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
The customer is happy....and has offered more work.... nevertheless, he got a bargain methinks..:D

Posted 27 May 2011, 09:46 #1 

Last edited by Zeb on 27 May 2011, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a very tidy job Carl.

Posted 27 May 2011, 11:26 #2 

Tourerfogey
Well, well. :D

Looks like an excellent job, Carl, your many talents never cease to amaze me.

Incidently - why, when I've already signed into the forum do I have to sign in again when I go to make a post - it's a little irritating to say the least?

:)

Posted 27 May 2011, 13:00 #3 

raistlin
WELL done mate :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 May 2011, 14:15 #4 

James.uk
Very very nice Carl.. :D

I hope the hole with the water down it, is still underneath?.... ;) :D

Posted 27 May 2011, 14:56 #5 

Tourerfogey
James.uk wrote:Very very nice Carl.. :D

I hope the hole with the water down it, is still underneath?.... ;) :D

Is that a wish or just a comment? . . .

Posted 27 May 2011, 15:24 #6 

Zeb
Thanks all :)...it is indeed a fully working well....there is an underground stream at the bottom of it!

I am not a joiner...but get great satisfaction from working with wood...maybe I have found a new vocation? MInd you, I will have to either get quicker at it or charge more per hour...my time estimate was woefully inadequate! :D

Posted 27 May 2011, 15:43 #7 

Last edited by Zeb on 27 May 2011, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jürgen
Quite a difference. :thumbsup:

Posted 27 May 2011, 15:45 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Thanks all :)...it is indeed a fully working well....there is an underground stream at the bottom of it!

I am not a joiner...but get great satisfaction from working with wood...maybe I have found a new vocation? MInd you, I will have to either get quicker at it or charge more per hour...my time estimate was woefully inadequate! :D

Pricing jobs is probably the most difficult part. You'll get it right after a few jobs.

Posted 27 May 2011, 17:44 #9 

MrB
Excellent job Carl. Well Done
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 27 May 2011, 22:03 #10 

Bermudan 75
Is this the start of a future name in house building? :thumbsup:

Looks very good indeed. Perhaps you could branch out into bespoke garages for the automotive carriage for the thinking person?

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 28 May 2011, 08:33 #11 

James.uk
When estimating-costing repair work you need to build in a 100% buggeration factor.. :|

Posted 28 May 2011, 14:47 #12 

Bernard
James.uk wrote:When estimating-costing repair work you need to build in a 100% buggeration factor.. :|

....except when quoting for software writing, when it needs to be 1000%
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 28 May 2011, 15:26 #13 

takestock
Has the penny dropped that you could make a living out of this :D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 28 May 2011, 17:43 #14 

Zeb
takestock wrote:Has the penny dropped that you could make a living out of this :D :D :D

Dave, believe it or not it is a confidence thing.....hence I post up what I do to see if peeps think it good enough to make doing it for a living a possibility..:)

Posted 28 May 2011, 17:58 #15 

Bernard
takestock wrote:Has the penny dropped that you could make a living out of this :D :D :D

There are even simpler ideas of generating income.
A guy near us is making a very satisfactory living by picking up cars, generally owned by ageing widows, giving them a quick check over, water, oil etc. followed by a quick wash (courtesy of his local Albanian hand wash team) and charging £25 for it.

He is inundated with business, but there are a lot of idle wealthy people around the Cotswolds.
(I'm just idle, unfortunately) ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 28 May 2011, 18:08 #16 

SpongeBob
Tourerfogey wrote:Incidently - why, when I've already signed into the forum do I have to sign in again when I go to make a post - it's a little irritating to say the least?

:)

Have you checked the "Remember me?" box next to your username/password when you log into this site and do you have cookies enabled? Both of these should ensure you are 'remembered' without the need to keep re-entereing your password each and every time.

Posted 28 May 2011, 20:35 #17 

starbug2
what model of 75 is it :lol: very nice work

Posted 29 May 2011, 08:49 #18