My shoulder. by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
I thought I would share this with you. :roll:

These are photos of my recent shoulder operation.

The upper left shows the conical cutting tool inserted in the approximately 6mm gap between the spherical end of the arm bone and the top of the shoulder.

At lower right is the same space after the surgeon had ground another 6mm of the bone to make more space.

The redness is not blood but inflammation present in the Synovial tissue of the joint and is giving me further grief. :(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 16:32 #1 

JohnDotCom
Hope you feel better quickly and everything comes right for you.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 16:34 #2 

kandyman
Lovely set of pictures :shock:

all we need now is the pictures from John dot coms busted ankle :nurse:

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 16:35 #3 

JohnDotCom
kandyman wrote:Lovely set of pictures :shock:

all we need now is the pictures from John dot coms busted ankle :nurse:

Will put them up asap not easy on iPhone.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 16:38 #4 

kandyman
No rush John :nurse:

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 16:45 #5 

TyphoonTT
That looks like something you could do without Bernard. :( Hope it improves quickly for you.

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 17:05 #6 

raistlin
I do hope it was worth the grief Bernard.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 18:13 #7 

SpongeBob
Looks a bit gruesome but I hope it resolves the problem for you. :) Hope the recovery is going well?

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 18:33 #8 

Jürgen
Bernard, I hope you're doing better now, without any complications.

Posted 26 Oct 2010, 19:10 #9 

starbug2
i hope you are feeling much better post op :nurse: and you will be up and about to meets , i'll show you my new steering wheel :thumbsup: it goes well with the mirrors i got off you :thumbsup: :cheers:

Posted 27 Oct 2010, 18:28 #10 

MrB
Sure it will be worth all the pain and discomfort in the long run.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 29 Oct 2010, 08:40 #11 

Bernard
Thanks for all the good wishes. It is improving slowly but I can't clean the cars yet.

Believe it or not, that is annoying me now. ;)

Posted 31 Oct 2010, 10:12 #12 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:Thanks for all the good wishes. It is improving slowly but I can't clean the cars yet.

Believe it or not, that is annoying me now. ;)

you could used a car wash :gmc:

Posted 31 Oct 2010, 10:33 #13 

Dave Goody
Anyone want to see photos of my vasectomy? :gmc:

Posted 04 Nov 2010, 11:24 #14 

starbug2
Dave Goody wrote:Anyone want to see photos of my vasectomy? :gmc:

:panic: NO THANK YOU :panic: :whump:

Posted 04 Nov 2010, 18:42 #15 

James.uk
Ellow Bernard.. Erm.. What was wrong with your arm in the first place??

As for not being able to clean cars.. That's a definite plus then.. :thumbsup: :D

Posted 05 Nov 2010, 09:53 #16 

Bernard
James.uk wrote:Ellow Bernard.. Erm.. What was wrong with your arm in the first place??

As for not being able to clean cars.. That's a definite plus then.. :thumbsup: :D

A narrowing of the subacromial space was creating a pinching of the rotator-cuff tendons by the bursa causing a severe restriction of movement and considerable pain.

The op. was to increase the gap thus allowing the ball joint to move freely.

Well, you did ask. ;)

Posted 05 Nov 2010, 22:44 #17 

starbug2
maybe you of had it done at a nano meet ,some of our lot will have a go at anything :lol:

Posted 06 Nov 2010, 09:31 #18 

Duncan
starbug2 wrote:maybe you of had it done at a nano meet ,some of our lot will have a go at anything :lol:

Now the problem is, that the Nano has caused related problems. OH came to the meal the night before, and sat next to Bernard. Now she has a very similar problem with her shoulder, ie restriction of the space caused by excess bone, and causing inflamation.

Is this a co-incidence?

She was impressed, and not impressed with the photo's all at the same time. She won't be worried about not being able to clean cars, but may be worried about not being able to drive.

Posted 18 Jan 2011, 19:11 #19 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:
starbug2 wrote:maybe you of had it done at a nano meet ,some of our lot will have a go at anything :lol:

Now the problem is, that the Nano has caused related problems. OH came to the meal the night before, and sat next to Bernard. Now she has a very similar problem with her shoulder, ie restriction of the space caused by excess bone, and causing inflamation.

Is this a co-incidence?

She was impressed, and not impressed with the photo's all at the same time. She won't be worried about not being able to clean cars, but may be worried about not being able to drive.

People catch all sort of things from me. ;)

Tell your good lady that as she is still quite young then the procedure will give her far less of a post-operative problem. I had my other shoulder done 15 years ago and it was perfectly all right by the next day. When I compared and commented on the problems that I'm having this time, the surgeon and the phsio-terrorist both said it was because of my advancing years. Huh! :(

Posted 18 Jan 2011, 20:23 #20