Yet another maf story. by Russ

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Russ
(Trader)
Had Tim's car on the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) today to check why it has been recently been using more fuel.

Bad connection from the synergy to the ecu was causing the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to run on default values.

Also noted that the maf although not perfect was good enough to run without the mafam switched on.
Switching the mafam on made the maf out of spec accross the rev range.

Yet another case of the Mafam on an original Bosch maf not being needed, this is getting to be a common thing.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 20:29 #1 

Justin
Hi Russ,

Where-abouts was the loose connection between the synergy unit and the ECU? For ages I have had a problem with my car that manifested itself with failed MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) like symptoms but having sprayed plenty of switch cleaner onto the fuel rail prerssor sensor contacts, the synergy fuel line plug and the fuel rail pressor sensor plug the car responds much better.

Justin

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 13:41 #2 

James.uk
We could do with a diagram showing the location of the various pressure switches, sensors and stuff. :thumbsup:

"the fuel rail pressure sensor" -- Where exactly is that? :em:

"the fuel rail pressure sensor plug" -- and again, where is it located? :em:

I can usually identify the mechanical bits, but the elec stuff is a mystery.. And I hate ECU's !!! :hissyfit:

My lil ZX is magic = got no ECU = runs very well without one!! :D I love "simple" .. And before the smartie pants comment, we now have a twock icon. YAY.. :thumbsup:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 13:57 #3 

Russ
(Trader)
The bad connection was the one where the Synergy wiring connector plugs into the original maf plug.

The high pressure sensor is the one the lead from the Synergy tuning section connects to.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 18:16 #4