Xenon query by DeuxGazoles

DeuxGazoles
Well this morning I fitted a pair of xenon headlights for another member (wont say who incase he's keeping it secret) & off he went like a dog with stereo lampposts but he has reported back tonight that one seems yellowyer than the other (they did this at first but seemed to settle) what's the likely cause? or do we think maybe they have 2 different rated burners?
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 19:56 #1 

MN190
It could be number of things such as differnt size burners
Did they both come off the same car?
If not has one been used more than the other?
Have they both been unused for the same length of time?
Have they both been stored the same?

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 20:00 #2 

raistlin
DeuxGazoles wrote:Well this morning I fitted a pair of xenon headlights for another member (wont say who incase he's keeping it secret) & off he went like a dog with stereo lampposts but he has reported back tonight that one seems yellowyer than the other (they did this at first but seemed to settle) what's the likely cause? or do we think maybe they have 2 different rated burners?

If it becomes a problem Col, I have a matched pair of standard HID (High Intensity Discharge) burners which I saved when I changed mine to a different colour temperature.

Let me know if they would be of use mate :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 20:03 #3 

DeuxGazoles
Well we can only assume as they came from the same seller that they are a "pair" but we can't be certain & obviously are unaware of their history apart from the O/S one had been damaged in transit maybe it's had a shock :confused: though this is the blueyer one

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 20:05 #4 

DeuxGazoles
raistlin wrote:If it becomes a problem Col, I have a matched pair of standard HID burners which I saved when I changed mine to a different colour temperature.

Let me know if they would be of use mate :)

Thanks Paul I'll give you a shout if we need them ;)

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 20:06 #5 

suzublu
They were mine Colin kindly fitted, & may i report they have settled down, & are now both the same. :confused: :thumbsup:

Posted 19 Jan 2011, 18:38 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
suzublu wrote:They were mine Colin kindly fitted, & may i report they have settled down, & are now both the same. :confused: :thumbsup:

Very glad to hear you are sorted. :)

Posted 19 Jan 2011, 20:29 #7