Written off by insurance company by tcable

tcable
A friend of mine had his car written off by his insurance company a few months ago, it is now in a scrap yard and up for sale. only damage to the drivers door and very slight damage to the passenger door,

It has only done 88,442 miles, he was gutted to lose it but has now bought a replacement, albeit a Mondeo.

Sadly i didn't know about this site at the time or else we may have been able to save it, heres to hoping it doesn't wind up in a crusher!!

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 17:58 #1 

takestock
Written off for a door skin, that's criminal :(. he could buy it back and repair it for around £60 to £80 with two doors in the right colour. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 18:07 #2 

tcable
As i say, he has replaced it now, the insurance company wrote it off back in June i believe and it has only just resurfaced!

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 18:19 #3 

Aurora MG
What a waste, pity more people don't realise you can buy a car back from the insurance company. Salvage/scrap yard will be laughing all the way to the bank by the time they have sold all the bits!!

How did it get dented like that?

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 19:24 #4 

tcable
I dont know, i dont really know that much about it, i just thought it was a shame because i dont know that much about cars but even i think i could fix that! apparently it is for sale for £795 as a cat. c whatever that means

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 19:56 #5 

Dave
Whereabouts is it for sale, and what engine is it, also what trim?

I ask as, if it's not too far from Lincolnshire and is a diesel with leather, then a friend of mine may be interested!

Posted 04 Sep 2011, 22:27 #6 

PaulT
tcable wrote:I dont know, i dont really know that much about it, i just thought it was a shame because i dont know that much about cars but even i think i could fix that! apparently it is for sale for £795 as a cat. c whatever that means

Cat C will need to be inspected to go back on the road (Cat D just needs an MOT). Possibly BC post damage
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Sep 2011, 12:02 #7 

tcable
I don't know exactly where it is bur it wasn't a diesel and it had cloth seats as i recall so i think it was a club, i think he said it was a 2 litre, personally i always liked the wheels.

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 19:34 #8 

tcable
PaulT wrote:
tcable wrote:I dont know, i dont really know that much about it, i just thought it was a shame because i dont know that much about cars but even i think i could fix that! apparently it is for sale for £795 as a cat. c whatever that means

Cat C will need to be inspected to go back on the road (Cat D just needs an MOT). Possibly BC post damage

Well you learn something every day, so what do these catagories go up to?

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 19:35 #9 

Dave
tcable wrote:I don't know exactly where it is bur it wasn't a diesel and it had cloth seats as i recall so i think it was a club, i think he said it was a 2 litre, personally i always liked the wheels.

Okidoke, ta!

(don't think my mate will be interested!)

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 21:15 #10