Wiring for Leather seats by Beejay

Beejay
I am hoping to fit leather seats supplied by Corin (Messenger) but my 75 does not have electrics fitted. Is there any member in local Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridge able to carry out this task, I have a local Auto Electrician but would prefer somebody who knows these cars

Barry

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 08:55 #1 

kevin
you could be lucky and have the plugs for the seat under your seat, if not they are not that hard to wire in yourself.
I took the live for mine, from the wire on the passanage side for the tow bar.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 07:39 #2 

Beejay
Thanks Kevin, I cannot see any plugs under seat except air bag wiring and block (yellow) plus I find it impossible to do wiring in that situation with one arm.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 09:32 #3 

kevin
If im not to far for you to come, I could wire them in for you.
im in Hertfordshire by J25 of the M25, post code is EN10 6LP

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 14:26 #4 

Beejay
Thanks again Kevin, I wasn't being flippant, I wrongly assumed most people knew my handicap. I would like to take you up on your offer. Once I get the seats sorted out with Corin I'll give you a buzz.

Regards

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 15:05 #5 

raistlin
:thumbsup: to Kevin for offering to sort your electrics out Barry :)

I don't know your location but if you can't finalize things for any reason, you might want to consider coming to the West Midlands nano-meet where the job could also be done :) Just another possibility :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 15:31 #6 

Beejay
Hi Paul, I've been wanting to attend the nanno meets for some time if only to see what goes on, I'm about 140 miles road wise, haven't got wings so can't go as the crow flies, will certainly try for the August meet. Thanks for your input

Barry

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 16:28 #7 

kevin
Beejay wrote:Thanks again Kevin, I wasn't being flippant, I wrongly assumed most people knew my handicap. I would like to take you up on your offer. Once I get the seats sorted out with Corin I'll give you a buzz.

Regards

Just let me know when you get them and we will work out a date, Im also hoping to get to the nano-meet in Aug.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:33 #8 

Beejay
Beejay wrote:Thanks again Kevin, I wasn't being flippant, I wrongly assumed most people knew my handicap. I would like to take you up on your offer. Once I get the seats sorted out with Corin I'll give you a buzz.

Regards

Hi Kevin, Had seats fitted today at Corin's and would ask when it would be convenient for you to wire them up. There is no wiring under seats but Corin has given me cable and blocks.

Regards

Barry

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 15:26 #9 

kevin
Beejay wrote:

Regards

Hi Kevin, Had seats fitted today at Corin's and would ask when it would be convenient for you to wire them up. There is no wiring under seats but Corin has given me cable and blocks.

Regards

Barry

see you in about 90 mins.
be the time you read this you should have it all working. :thumbsup:
unless the laptops in the car. :)

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 07:40 #10