Which would get the wider audience ? by Hommer

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Hommer
I need to advertise my car for sale and was wondering which would get the most interest , Pistonheads or Auto trader ....well there's only one way to find out .. sorry couldn't resist , but seriously anyone had any experience selling there car on either really need to sell :hissyfit:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 13:20 #1 

MrB
Have you listed on here as for sale and/or the club site?

That way it goes to an enthusiast.

Of course eBay is another option for you also, if you want a very quick sale?
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 14:23 #2 

Hommer
Hi MrB ,yes it's been listed on here for about 3 weeks now ,but as enthusiast they normally already have the car :mrgreen:

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 15:18 #3 

Cowley_MOA
A basic advert on Pistonheads with 3 photos is free, so that's a good starting point. Personally I swear by Autotrader, as ebay is a great place to sell your car- if you want less than the market value! Maybe I'm being a little cruel, but Autotrader has worked well for me in the past. Take some good photos and spend a little time writing a good description, and you can't go far wrong.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 17:39 #4 

JohnDotCom
Auto-trader has always had the best results for me, then EBay but often get pain in the arse customers there!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 18:08 #5 

Duncan
I've never sold, but if I am looking for a car, I'd always start with Autotrader.

Apart from anything else, it's easier to search for the car you want.

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 19:40 #6 

RRobson
more and more people tend to look at ebay as a first port of call, then generally move onto auto trader. piston heads is getting ever more popular, with the added incentive of it being free, and generally has the cliche of selling more sportier cars (or badly chaved in most cases) so its got to be worth a try if nothing else?
wish i could afford to insure it, otherwise id probably be driving it now :roll: looked a very clean car at andy's meet ;)
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 29 Mar 2011, 23:11 #7 

PaulT
I have found Autotrader to be excellent - but I have not sold that many cars.

Two went the day after the advert appeared.

You could try ebay - look at the fees - and put a realistic reserve on it.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Mar 2011, 12:28 #8 

Hommer
Thanks for all the advise ,I've decided to put a premium ad in Pistonheads ,see how it go's :mrgreen:

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 14:41 #9