Wheels, cannot make my mind up by takestock (Page 1 of 2)

takestock
I suppose I am lucky really, having 2 sets. just cannot decide.

Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 15:13 #1 

onefortheroad
They both look as nice as each other :thumbsup: , you are very lucky to have two sets. Are going to sell the set that you're leaving off the car? Personally I like the top set of wheels.
ImageThe Car In Front Is Better Than A Toyota!

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 15:36 #2 

Zeb
Straights by a mile.....t'others look too Lego-like...(sorry Jake! :? )

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 15:48 #3 

raistlin
Personally, I prefer the straights Dave.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 15:52 #4 

Bernard
Straights.

But why do you have to choose?

Keep a set for winter with appropriate tyres on. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:23 #5 

JohnDotCom
Personally its the straights for mew also.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:38 #6 

Dave
Top set for me too!

(hang on - "I hate the top set. The bottom set are great. I'll have the top set off your hands though......")

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:51 #7 

Hommer
Dave , it's got to be the grids! :mrgreen:

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:52 #8 

Russ
(Trader)
The Straights look a lot better Dave suits the car more.

IMO the grids look better on a MK2.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 16:55 #9 

takestock
I will be keeping both sets, Gridspokes are a doddle to keep clean, you can get your hand through the spokes to keep the rest of the wheel clean. Both sets suffer minor kerbing, but not something i cannot live with short/mid term. I do like the centres on the straights, thanks to russ there ;)

Just had a count up of what I have in my neighbours garage. ( not including what is on the car at the moment) :em: :em: :em:

8 gridspokes (7 with tyres of varying depth :em: three of them suffering from parking by feel procedure from the wife. Always nerside front Always :? , how does she do that? :D )
4 straights ( the straights need a refurb and have 235/40/18 tyres on, gives them very similar profile to the 225 with just a little extra width).
Then i have 3 spare 235/40/18 tyres as well, need to get on ebay me thinks :gmc: Good job the missus hasn't a key to the garage ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:03 #10 

Bernard
takestock wrote:I will be keeping both sets, Gridspokes are a doddle to keep clean, you can get your hand through the spokes to keep the rest of the wheel clean. Both sets suffer minor kerbing, but not something i cannot live with short/mid term. I do like the centres on the straights, thanks to russ there ;)

Just had a count up of what I have in my neighbours garage. ( not including what is on the car at the moment) :em: :em: :em:

8 gridspokes (7 with tyres of varying depth :em: three of them suffering from parking by feel procedure from the wife. Always nerside front Always :? , how does she do that? :D )
4 straights ( the straights need a refurb and have 235/40/18 tyres on, gives them very similar profile to the 225 with just a little extra width).
Then i have 3 spare 235/40/18 tyres as well, need to get on ebay me thinks :gmc: Good job the missus hasn't a key to the garage ;)

So basically just spamming again then! :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:09 #11 

Duncan
Why not put one type one on one side, one type on the other? Then you can have both !!

:gmc:

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:31 #12 

Tootall
takestock wrote:. I do like the centres on the straights, thanks to russ there ;) )

Whats the story behind those centrecaps i have only seen them on the pre-launch photos of the ZS.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 18:02 #13 

SpongeBob
Just to throw my opinion in so I don't feel left out... :em: :gmc:

I too agree with Russ in that the straights look better on the Mk1 shape of car whereas the Gridspokes seem to work better on a Mk2 MG rather than a Rover.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 18:14 #14 

Dallas
I think the Grids look much better, gives the car a look of strength to go with the beauty.... :D

................ can I have them ? pleeeeeaaaase! :gmc:

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 18:32 #15 

Last edited by Dallas on 18 Sep 2010, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Beejay
Straights, but they would look far better on mine :mrgreen:

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 18:33 #16 

calibrax
I vote straights, but it's close.. the gridspokes also look good!
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:00 #17 

jonjon77
l like the straights but the gridspokes do it for me

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 20:37 #18 

TyphoonTT
Both sets look smart IMO Dave. Still got my straights. ;) Have you driven on the 235 /40's? Is there a noticable difference ?

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 21:03 #19 

Chartermark
Zeb wrote:Straights by a mile.....t'others look too Lego-like...(sorry Jake! :? )

Absolutely agree, the straights look superb and I would have had a set myself, when I put my Meteors on had it not been for cleaning restrictions. I have no access to a mains water supply here, and know from experience you really need a 'power' washer to keep those 'fine spokes' effervescent?

A 5 litre hand pumped, water filled crop sprayer, keeps the broad faced 17's at parade ground readiness though!

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 22:13 #20