Wheel refurbishing by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Does anyone have the details of the place in Birmingham where they refurb wheels for what I think was £22 per wheel/
Cheers
Mike

Posted 11 Apr 2019, 13:03 #1 

Duncan

Posted 11 Apr 2019, 16:35 #2 

Bermudan 75
That's the one, thanks Duncan.

Posted 11 Apr 2019, 20:09 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mike.
did you have your wheels refurbished at City, had mine done in May.
Image1

I was in two minds as to have logo centres or plain ones.
Image2

Image3
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Aug 2020, 11:37 #4 

Bernard
Steve, what colour is that? Doesn't look to be black.

Sent from my CPN-W09 using Tapatalk
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 24 Aug 2020, 13:47 #5 

Bermudan 75
Probably won't happen until October, I want the wheel centres doing at the same time which I believe they can do.

Posted 24 Aug 2020, 17:51 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bernard wrote:Steve, what colour is that? Doesn't look to be black.

Sent from my CPN-W09 using Tapatalk

HI Bernard.
They are black gloss sparkle, i have also took a leaf out of your book and painted my door handles.

Image1

Rubbed down ready for the undercoat.
Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

Finished in Satan black
Image6

Image7

I think it looks good i am also going to do the front grill & rear chrome over the number plates.
Image8
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Aug 2020, 23:52 #7 

Bernard
Looks better on the MG, I think. Chrome is for the Rover. Getting to the clip that retains the driver's door handle was a right pain, not something I want to repeat.
Several people commented on my handles saying that the finish wouldn't survive but it's quite a few years down the line now and no problems.
It will be good to see the wheels for real, the photos are promising.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Posted 25 Aug 2020, 05:45 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bernard wrote:Looks better on the MG, I think. Chrome is for the Rover. Getting to the clip that retains the driver's door handle was a right pain, not something I want to repeat.
Several people commented on my handles saying that the finish wouldn't survive but it's quite a few years down the line now and no problems.
It will be good to see the wheels for real, the photos are promising.

Bernard yes i cheated in the department of removing the chrome thumb handle, i just popped them off which breaks the fixing tangs, but i had 5 sets of new ones, which just push back on & the spring does not need to be pulled outwards to fit.

Prise outwards to remove, it leaves the tang behind which need to be pushed through so new thumb grip can be fitted.
Image1

You can also drill an hole in the inside of the door to get to the springs then add a rubber grommet later, but its hard to actually line up.

Image2

Spring on handle so members know what we are talking about.
Image3

Image4

If not done the way i did it or an hole drilled then its door card off, door glass removed etc lot of work involved.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Aug 2020, 09:22 #9 

Bernard
Yes, I didn't want to break anything so drilled a hole, which was useful when the rust preventative was put in the cavities. As you say though, still difficult to line up. I couldn't see any other way of getting to the driver's side without a major strip. I don't remember such difficulty getting the driver's handle off the donor car, I wonder if the V8 has an extra cover plate to get the increased security that is claimed?

Posted 25 Aug 2020, 15:05 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
Ok as i did not attend the September Nano meet :eek: the first i have missed in the last 10yrs, i decided as the weather was kind today to finally spray the front grill satin black.

This is a follow on with my plan to do all the chrome bits on the NUK in satin black, as the thread shows i have already done the door handles.

So off with the bumper.
Image1

Image2

Front bumper on the bench/seat & mask the grill off ready for spraying.
Image3

Image4

Spray first coat of etch primer.
Image5

Image6

Once the primer as dried the first coat of satin black goes on.
Image7

After a few more coats the masking is ready to come off.
Image8

All i have to do now is let it dry a little more while i have Sunday dinner:drool4:
Image9

Now that my Sunday dinner as settled, its time to refit the front bumper.
Image10

Front bumper fitted with the new satin front grill.
Image11

Grill with the original badge.
Image12

Grill with the Viking black & silver badge.
Image13

Decisions now have to be made as to which badge i go with, as the rear tail gate is a black & silver 75

Image14
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Sep 2020, 22:09 #11 

Bermudan 75
:thumbsup: Looks good Steve.

Posted 14 Sep 2020, 17:55 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
I have carried out some further spraying on the NUK so that the front lower grills are now satin black, and the rear tailgate handle & number plate chrome surround are now both satin black also, i have removed the Rover emblems.

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Sep 2020, 09:08 #13 

Jürgen
That looks really good on your red car! :thumbsup:

Posted 22 Sep 2020, 09:29 #14 

Arctic
(Trader)
Jürgen wrote:That looks really good on your red car! :thumbsup:

Hi Jürgen.
Thank you i like it too, hopefully you are keeping well and safe over in Germany :cheers:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Sep 2020, 23:57 #15 

Jürgen
Thank you, Steve. I hope you and Gail stay safe and healthy as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :cheers:

Posted 23 Sep 2020, 11:06 #16