What wonderful vehicles our cars are by PaulT

PaulT
With the MOT expiring on my car on the 8th January I thought that I would check it over the weekend before Xmas weekend, obtain whatever I needed, fix it during the long Xmas break and then put it in for an MOT.

The chosen weekend saw a vast amount of snow falling on the Saturday morning. As I would be working outside the inspection was postponed to Xmas weekend and the work scheduled to be carried out New Years weekend.

So to Xmas weekend and going down with something that made me feel awful so nothing done.

Now a panic – need to find out what needs doing, get the bits and fix it. So very unhappily I submitted the car for an MOT this morning – and it passed.

Nothing remarkable about that? Well, it now has 181,000 miles on it and 27,000 miles since the last MOT and apart from fitting the Kenlowe fan I have only had to replace one leaking shock absorber (I do practice what I preach and changed both) and one rear lower suspension arm bush.

Having owned the car since 92,000 miles I think the longevity of the parts is amazing.

There were two advisories, front brake pads getting low and one of the ball joints showing slight wear.

Guess who is a very happy bunny
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 12:48 #1 

JohnDotCom
Excellent result.
Our cars do seem to run and run to high mileages if looked after.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 13:01 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quality shows through when these cars a regularly serviced and worn parts replaced in good time. I've only done 48K since new and couldn't be more appreciative of the build quality. Looking forward to the next 150K with confidence.

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 13:34 #3 

Bermudan 75
and the best bit..............they are British ! OK part German via BMW, but our cars are a great advertisement for British automotive engineering. :thumbsup:

Anyone got Clarkson's email address? :stirer:

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 30 Dec 2010, 14:01 #4