What an idiot.... by stevemac

• Related topics: (no related topics)

stevemac
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 35609.html

Doesn't he realise that there is more evidence that Santa exists that his god!
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 14 Dec 2012, 20:13 #1 

raistlin
It's certain Santa does exist. I'm looking forward to tracking his progress as I do every year, HERE at NORAD.

Besides which, if he didn't exist I'd be a very unhappy puppy every Christmas morning, and that's never been the case yet :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Dec 2012, 20:28 #2 

stevemac
raistlin wrote:It's certain Santa does exist. I'm looking forward to tracking his progress as I do every year, HERE at NORAD.

Besides which, if he didn't exist I'd be a very unhappy puppy every Christmas morning, and that's never been the case yet :lol:

Course he exists, I've even sat on his knee, mmmmm, or was that Jimmy Savile, can't remember now!
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 14 Dec 2012, 20:33 #3 

raistlin
Just to make sure, here's a picture of Santa's little helper.

Try telling me SHE doesn't exist :lol:
Paul

Posted 14 Dec 2012, 20:42 #4 

carlpenn
Shocking. This is not the first time a Priest has done this either. A few years ago a Priest in the UK rattled off at his congregation about how they should not "Lie" to their Kids about Santa as it is wrong for Kids to worship Santa when they should be worshipping God etc.

I have no qualms with people who want to follow a Religion, until they start telling me (us) what I should and shouldn't believe.

BTW Santa is real, he lived in Europe and gave Gifts (of Food and Clothing) to the Poor throughout his lifetime. Ironically he was a Priest (Ironic due to the Story) and earned himself the status of being Father Christmas (Don't remember the full story and I read about it some years ago).

Paul, any chance you might pass Santa's little Helper my Phone Number?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 08:59 #5 

Duncan
I have been told I bear more than a passing resemblance to Santa, a number of times.

Right now, some help would be useful.

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 09:54 #6 

raistlin
Neither of you are having her - she's mine :lol:

As to the main thrust of the thread, I suppose ministers of religion are as likely to be 'up themselves' (nasty phrase but it'll do) as people in the real world.
Paul

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 10:04 #7 

Borg Warner
She could sit on my knee any time.

Aaargh not the bad one!!!!

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 13:05 #8 

Jumper
[quote="carlpenn"]

I have no qualms with people who want to follow a Religion, until they start telling me (us) what I should and shouldn't believe.

Amen to that.
In a rare departure from temperate language,FFS. That is typical of, and only serves to demonstrate, the complete irrelevance and ridiculous pontificating (pun entirely intended) of the established church and its representatives and agents. Yes, there is a funny side and it's as well there is, for the church's sake. For the sad man that said all this, to the other clergy that leaned on him and publishing a retraction, for getting into this position, they have to defend an entire world wide credo in support of another figment of immature minds, thereby perpetuating a mythical folk tale. Bah. Humbug.

Roll on Easter when all pagans can gorge on that natural and unarguably real product called chocolate.

Posted 15 Dec 2012, 14:11 #9 

Last edited by Jumper on 21 Dec 2012, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
OK chaps, you can fight over the other one... I've got me a new one :lol:

Happy Christmas one and all :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Posted 21 Dec 2012, 14:42 #10 

SpongeBob
raistlin wrote:OK chaps, you can fight over the other one... I've got me a new one :lol:

Happy Christmas one and all :)

Christmas suddenly got a lot more exciting... ;) :lol:

Posted 23 Dec 2012, 13:54 #11