what a sight by Suffolk Man

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Suffolk Man
my weekend work consists of very long hours on a job in cambridge.feeling a bit down in the dumps today.any way on a walkabout next to the railine only to see a steam loco coming out of cambridge station.it was called tangmere which is a batttle of britain class loco i think.did i wave to the driver of course

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 21:08 #1 

raistlin
Nice spot :) Was she in good nick?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 21:25 #2 

Suffolk Man
looked good to me esp with the brown and cream 1st class coaches behind it with the table lamps lit.my idea of travel heaven apart from the mg of course

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 21:30 #3 

raistlin
I haven't seen Tangmere for many years, didn't even know she was still in steam :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 22:00 #4 

Suffolk Man
we get the odd steam train through here normally perhaps x 2 a year last years highlight was a a4 pacific the sir nigel greasley i was awe struck.brings back the time my dad took me to a local station to see the flying scotsman.i think it was on tour b4 it went to the states.must have been the late sixtes early seventys

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 22:19 #5 

Tootall
I work near Huntington Railway station, always nice to hear/see the steam trains on the East Coast mainline.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 08:33 #6 

PaulT
When I was a very young boy I was on Woking station when a fast steam hauled express train was approaching and my parents told me not to be frightened. Unfortunately, I wet myself, it was not because I was frightened but lost control - I could only focus on the train - being in awe of such a large, heavy beast shaking the platform as it thundered through that I just concentrated on it to the detriment of my trousers.

There is such majesty in a steam locomotive and whilst Dr Beechings act can be harshly criticised it did provide the means of having preservation railways that have saved these lovable monsters from the cutting torch.......also the scrapyard in Barry that did not scrap them.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 08:59 #7