Well. There we have it. by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Rammie
raistlin wrote:OK,

It wasn't a joke. It was taken out of context.

Out of context? For heaven's sake, how could his statement possibly be taken out of context.

What's wrong with people just admitting they've dropped a bollock? Why do we need to have all this nonsense when a crass comment from the elite is challenged?

Perhaps he thinks he is further up the ladder than he actually is? Shame really :confused:
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:13 #21 

takestock
I have no problem with the man, always polite and loves his car. Just didn't think before the posted.

As said, if yer makes a mistake yer ses sorry
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:39 #22 

Zeb
Now, where is da good Doctor when you'd expect him? :confused:

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:53 #23 

Zeb
Rammie wrote:
James.uk wrote:I went to Cosford, and whilst wandering round met my friend xxxxx. As we wandered round together i saw a group of about 6 cars well off to one side and asked my friend if he knew whose cars they were, and/or why they were separate from the others.. ??

It turned out they were the Directors and "others" cars ???? hmmmm.. That was it for me I'm afraid. I don't attend meetings where the organizers think they are too superior to mix with me and my friends.. :shock: :(

I will never attend another so called "National" meet no matter where they hold it. I can get insulted locally any time i like, I don't need to travel for that.. :lol:

Never attended a National meet, but that would be enough for me too. Cliques just do my head in, the old "them and us", pah!! :evil:

I hope this will not happen at the National Picnic? I shall just drive off and leave if that is the case :hissyfit: ;)

The chances of that happening at the National Picnic (Sign up if you haven't yet!) are even more remote than the chance of hell freezing over or Pete meeting a deadline...

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:57 #24 

takestock
Don't think i'm posh enough to be in one of them Clique thingy's :em:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:00 #25 

Rammie
Zeb wrote:The chances of that happening at the National Picnic (Sign up if you haven't yet!) are even more remote than the chance of hell freezing over or Pete meeting a deadline...

I have, and it was a tongue in cheek comment.
I'm sure that the Gentle People on this site would never entertain such a thing as cliques, hmm! ;)
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:05 #26 

Rammie
takestock wrote:Don't think i'm posh enough to be in one of them Clique thingy's :em:

Just for you Dave, "clicky" ;)
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:07 #27 

takestock
Oh, I've got a clicky knee if that counts? Am i in :confused:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:11 #28 

Rammie
Well, it would be in good company with my clique ankles. I understand it's a family trait! ;)
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:24 #29 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:Now, where is da good Doctor when you'd expect him? :confused:

Perhaps he got bored with us not biting?

Keep your noses peeled for the smell of troll, just in case!

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:26 #30 

Pedro
Yes it was an unfortunate comment by Derek, but you can't knock his enthusiasm for the club. If only his enthusiasm was shared by the powers that be in the club. In a moment of weakness last week I renewed my subs and I'm already wishing that I hadn't bothered.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:44 #31 

SpongeBob
James.uk wrote:I went to Cosford, and whilst wandering round met my friend xxxxx. As we wandered round together i saw a group of about 6 cars well off to one side and asked my friend if he knew whose cars they were, and/or why they were separate from the others.. ??

It turned out they were the Directors and "others" cars ???? hmmmm.. That was it for me I'm afraid. I don't attend meetings where the organizers think they are too superior to mix with me and my friends.. :shock: :(

I will never attend another so called "National" meet no matter where they hold it. I can get insulted locally any time i like, I don't need to travel for that.. :lol:

As an 'official' at that meet I think I am qualified to put some perspective on this:-

The cars were put to one side mainly to aid in
a) Making a focal point of the venue parking space
b) Make more room to park up the rest of the attending members

However, I do not recall who's idea it was.

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 18:48 #32 

Bernard
We have another one now, 'it's a non profit making limited company'

In my experience, Companies House and the Revenue take a rather jaundiced view of such activities, questioning their very raison d'etre :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 20:38 #33 

JohnDotCom
Zeb wrote:Well, I think they'd best come up with some answers re data protection fairly pronto... :-|

Ah, something my good lady bought up after some discussion.
When I was a Mod over there, I was registered for and my Company, under the Data Protection Act.
The club in all honesty didn't seem to worried when I offered the services of either my registration or Company to full fill the legal requirements.

On this Community for clarification,
no addresses are stored (or asked for), no information is linked with real name and user name on a searchable database, or date of birth if indicated (most people just put day and month which stops any age known).
No information is ever used or passed on (like the opting in for XPart next door which in itself requires registration under act) :gmc:
If and when and further details from members are requested, as I am already registered and a Admin on site the rules and Laws etc would be fully implemented.
At this stage on checking (have reply), we are not required to register the Site (which isn't a Company) due to the nature of running and information held at this time.
If any laws are altered you can all rest assured we would comply and put up the sections for all to see that are required by the said Act and law.

Thanks for your patience, this post is to hopefully explain the current position of the Community.
If anyone requires to know the full meaning of act or any other queries re the Community site please PM myself or any Admin.
Thanks. :)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 20:47 #34 

takestock
good info, just like a super- mod :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 21:18 #35 

JohnDotCom
Well thank you kind sir. :mrgreen:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 21:22 #36 

zojosc
Can we not move on from the other side or air our views there. Its starting to sound like the snug versus the bar when we all use the same lavatory!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 22:49 #37 

raistlin
zojosc wrote:Can we not move on from other side or air our views there. Its starting to sound like the snug versus the bar when we all use the same lavatory!

Good point Andy :)

Up to the part where 'airing our views' was mentioned. Stepping out of line is not allowed over there. Certainly one isn't allowed to be critical unless one has a user name limned in green or is a member of the elite. Thread deletions, thread closures, insults, studious ignorance and vile invective are the lot of those who do not toe the party line at the moment.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 22:58 #38 

James.uk
Ellow SpongeBob :) Thank you for the information Re Cosford.. :D

But -- I have to admit I don't see how keeping six cars to one side would help with numbers I really don't. And at a guess there was room for at least another 150 cars or so when I got there and I was one of the last to arrive. :confused: I seem to recall there were about 120 cars at the meeting and room on that field for about 350 if they were lined up in an orderly fashion.. :)

I don't know who's idea it was either, but it wasn't one of their best I hope. ;) :lol: ...

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 23:50 #39 

Chartermark
Zeb wrote:Now, where is da good Doctor when you'd expect him? :confused:

Probably busy writing prescriptions to second opinions?

Where is he, doesn't he appreciate he's got an audience to please, these enigmatic appearances really are most frustrating ...

Posted 23 Aug 2010, 00:41 #40