Welcome Spanner It by Mick

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
A very warm welcome to our latest Trader Spanner It
Jim Pearson, owner of Spanner It, as well as offering commercial services has also offered his premises for use for local meets in the Darlington area.
If any member would like to liaise with Jim with a view to setting up regular local meets there he will be very pleased to hear from you.

Click on the link below for contact details.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2964&p=26316#p26316

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 12:34 #1 

Spanner it
(Trader)
Thanks Mick for the welcome

I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Jim and being an avid car and motorbike enthusiast I have always been looking for somewhere to allow me to work on my cars in pleasant, clean, dry environment. Today’s homes rarely have suitable garages – mine is no exception. So I decided to set up a dedicated workshop to allow anyone to be able to work on their vehicles when ever they want to, providing the tools and equipment you wished you had at home but don’t have the space for, or can’t justify the cost for that one off job.

Spanner it is the North East’s first DIY Self Service garage based in Darlington and is open to anyone with the basic knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm to work on and maintain their own vehicle but don’t have the necessary space or tools or the wish to pay ever increasing mechanics bills.

Spanner It

Spanner it is equipped to a professional garage standard with the tools you need, a 4 wheel alignment 4 post lift, Parts & component washers, bead/sand blaster, etc.

Everything you need to do virtually any job, including jobs such as….
 Servicing
 Brakes – Pads, Shoes, Discs, Drums etc
 Pre MOT checks
 Valeting
 Engine changes
 Clutches

…. to name but a few.

1. General overview of the workshop

2. 4 wheel alignment 4 post lift.

Not just for cars, Spanner it is fully setup for motorbikes as well, providing a dedicated motorbike lift and space.

3. Motorbike Bay

In fact, Spanner it is for anyone, male or female, young or old, who wants to work on their own vehicles without large mechanics bills.

With this in mind I’d like to invite you all to Spanner it for coffee, a look around, a chat, no strings. All are welcome, regardless of vehicle make, model, type, style, colour…………

We would also like to offer all forum member a discount on bay rental and you are more than welcome to use us as a meeting venue if needed.

If you have any questions or wish further information, please feel free to contact me.

I look forwards to getting to know you all.
Our Workshop - Your Work

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 16:44 #2 

kandyman
Welcome Jim,

Good to have you aboard.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 17:34 #3 

PaulT
Best of luck with your venture.

If I remember correctly it was BP that started something similar in the 70s - rent a bay so that you can work on your car but it did not last long.

There are those jobs where you put the car on ordinary ramps, climb underneath, struggle to see what you are doing or have the space to weild the spanners so the job takes forever whereas on a proper lift the job can be done quickly and easily.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 07:49 #4 

takestock
welcome, me thinks we need 2diesels to have a look at this. Do you have a price list Jim?

Edit: apologies, see post below :em:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 21:24 #5 

Last edited by takestock on 02 Mar 2011, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:welcome, me thinks we need 2diesels to have a look at this. Do you have a price list Jim?

Or his twin Deux Gazoles. :)

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 21:35 #6 

Spanner it
(Trader)
Hi Dave

The normal rates are as follows

Flat Bay - including standard set of tools, jacks, axles stands and ramps is £15 per hour
4 post wheel alignment lift including standard set of tools is £20 per hour
Bike Bay - including bike lift or stand and a standard set of tools is £10 per hour

If when making a booking you let us know you are a member of the forum and your user ID we will give you a 20% discount on the above prices.

If you want to get together as a group and come down for evening, 1/2 or a full day so that you can work on things together, we will do you a specials rate for the whole place dedicated just for you

Any questions just le me know

Jim
Our Workshop - Your Work

Posted 02 Mar 2011, 21:46 #7 

Last edited by Spanner it on 06 Mar 2011, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb
Wish you were in Lincolnshire..... :gmc:

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 18:38 #8 

DeuxGazoles
Well I've been down there today along with my sidekick Ronnie & I can report that it is an excellent facility & nicely equipped with very accomodating people. The workshop itself is clean & light & spacious & I think we worked out it could comfortably accomodate 6 to 7 cars including 1 on the hoist & there's absolutely bags of outside space which would be absolutely ideal for "Nano-Meet" style events which I would be more than happy to co-ordinate though as there is a cost incurred I would need guaranteed attendance from people as I can't afford to stump up all the costs if everybody backs out & I would like to point out that the more in attendance the cheaper it will be per head ;) so if I could have some feedback it would be much appreciated.................I'll also post something up on the club site to increase our audience
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 19:57 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Worms of advice Col.
If you do set up a Noonah style meet, ask for payment up front, or at least a deposit, to make sure you can't be out of pocket. If you find you end up with more than the requisite amount you can refund on the day.
I'm sure some free advertising on the OC will be very much appreciated by Jim :lol: Seems like a really decent fellow from my telephone conversation.

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 20:13 #10 

DeuxGazoles
Oh aye it'll have to be guaranteed attendance with a deposit or whatever as obviously I know some people may have to back out last minute for genuine unforseen circumstances but some people simply change their minds on the day & don't bother (I'm guilty of this myself so I'm not having a pop)

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 20:26 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Any support you need from the Community, just ask, you are more than welcome. :)

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 20:47 #12 

DeuxGazoles
Mick wrote:Any support you need from the Community, just ask, you are more than welcome. :)

Thanks Mick
I've started putting the feelers out & have posted a thread on t'other channel to see what interest it gets

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 20:56 #13 

Spanner it
(Trader)
DeuxGazoles Good to see you today, Just sent you a PM re payment.

Anything we can do to make it easy for you just let us know

and feel free to pop in for :tea: anytime

Jim & Sharron
Our Workshop - Your Work

Posted 06 Mar 2011, 21:20 #14