Weather station by guru

guru
People may already know this from the other forum but I have my own weather station down on my garden office as I'm just that geeky! Anyway in the early hours this morning another record was broken.....most rain in an hour :-( If you're interested my weather station's available at http://reedham.org/weather

Most annoying thing is that this afternoon I'm installing a wireless network link on a vessel in GY.....looks like I'll need my rain coat!
2003 MG ZT-T 190 with LPG!
1991 Rover mk1c Rover Sterling
2004 mk2 MG ZS 180 with LPG

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 08:43 #1 

zojosc
guru wrote:
Most annoying thing is that this afternoon I'm installing a wireless network link on a vessel in GY.....looks like I'll need my rain coat!

Do you know something we don't? :-D
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 09:20 #2 

Tourerfogey
Mmm it's been pretty wet down south too, pesumably Reedham is your location, but where is that exactly?

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 13:46 #3 

raistlin
@ Guru:- You're not the only one with a weather station :lol: I didn't know that Cumulous was so well developed.

@ TF:- If Reedham is the location TF, I'd hazard a guess that it might be East Anglia.

EDIT Just looked at the weather station website and the Lat/Long suggests I'm probably correct :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 14:56 #4 

Duncan
I only have one of the relatively simple Oregon ones, but the information available is amazing. Only thing is, I wouldn't want to leave a windows (or similar) machine operating all the time. I have a Synology NAS box that does my web / mail / storage and is small, quiet and low power. I'll have a look if there's an application for it. Would be great if a Raspberry Pi could run something like that!

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 16:31 #5