The in-laws car by loz1971

• Related topics: (no related topics)

loz1971
Well, after promising for months, I finally got round to detailing the in-laws car yesterday. They have owned the car from new, and in it's 11 years on the planet it has only covered 60,598 miles. But unfortunately, my father in-law does like going through car washes, and when I told him not to, he started washing it by hand, but a few weeks back he dropped the sponge on his driveway, and promptly picked it up and carried on washing.....ouch!! :2:

So it was in a REAL mess, but when I had finished with my Meguiars, it looked better than new ;) ;) ;)

It was a LOT of hard work, not made any easier by regular visits by the father in-law to enquire whether I was finished yet or not!! :roll: :roll:

Still, it did look good in the end, but I bet it doesn't last long :gmc:
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 12:20 #1 

Jürgen
loz1971 wrote:Still, it did look good in the end, but I bet it doesn't last long :gmc:

Are you sure, Larry, that you didn't use an old picture from the show room? ;)
It looks really shiny. :thumbsup:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:08 #2 

kevin
That look great. :thumbsup:

what did you use.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:38 #3 

loz1971
kevin wrote:That look great. :thumbsup:

what did you use.

It was buffed over with my machine, first using Autoglym B3, then B2, then it was cleaned using Meguiars ultimate compund and then waxed with Meguiars NXT 2.0, a long days work indeed!!
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 17:32 #4 

zojosc
My ex inlaws never cared for me much, perhaps I should have got the Meguiars out instead of the Magners!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 15:17 #5