A timely reminder for you all!! by loz1971 (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

loz1971
Content removed due to over reaction!!
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:25 #1 

Last edited by loz1971 on 28 Aug 2010, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

Bermudan 75
How crazy ! That man should be imprisoned for life...... not 12 years but LIFE. Unfortunately the offence he committed will fall under the Road Traffic Act, 1972. Say no more, I am disgusted.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:30 #2 

kandyman
Very sad event :(

Well done for helping out where you could Larry and I hope your ok as it must of been a upsetting experience for you.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:47 #3 

Rammie
Hi Larry,
Really sorry to hear about this and the impact it has had not only on the driver's involved but on you too.
Your summation about good driver's is so very true. I drive every day around the Midlands and the tale you tell is something I see almost every day.

There are driver's who will zig zag from lane to lane to get to the front of a queue risking everyone on the road and then, lo and behold you catch up with them at the next set of traffic lights, crazy doesn't come close.

I really hope that you manage to come to terms with this very quickly and be proud that you were able to offer some comfort to those involved and that your prompt action avoided any further injuries to anyone else.
Thanks for sharing this sad story because , as you stated, it is a timely reminder to all that we are not immortal and to keep your wits about you when driving. Nobody wins that sort of argument.

Take care

Brian
Brian

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:51 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not often I'm stuck for words. I hope posting it here has helped.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 16:52 #5 

Tourerfogey
What a dreadful experience.

It's frightening to think that there are nutters like this on our roads - he should be jailed for a considerable period and NEVER let behind the wheel of a vehicle again.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 17:16 #6 

Tootall
Well what can you say, a very sad story sure brings a lump to the throat.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 18:00 #7 

raistlin
I don't know what to say

You must have been in shock. Well done for having the presence of mind to deal with the situation Larry.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 18:29 #8 

Dave Goody
sorry all, about the double posting of this, I looked on the forum but didnt expect it to be on the "social one" still if it got one more person to read it, it was worth it! Dave

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 19:03 #9 

Pedro
Simply dreadful. Not only did he cause a young life to be cut short, ruin the lives of the mother and father, ruin his own family's life when he (hopefully) has time to reflect on his madness whilst behind bars, but he then apparently tried to ruin another driver's life by trying to get himself killed on the road. What a mad, mad, selfish b*****d.

A timely and very sobering reminder indeed Larry.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 19:04 #10 

Simon
Larry, I have sat here now for little over half an hour, read, and re-read you post.

I am speakless, I hope you can come to terms with witnessing such a horrendous incident.

You can hold your head up High Sir, as you reacted quickly and purposefully.

In a moment of madness a young life has been lost. Very very sad.

My thoughts are with you Larry.
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 19:16 #11 

takestock
Sad sad situation.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 19:35 #12 

Cowley_MOA
How shocking! I hope you are able to come to terms with what you saw today Larry. What a dreadful experience it must have been. As someone that will start driving in 3 months this has indeed serviced as a timely reminder to keep calm and not be controlled by your emotions.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 19:44 #13 

MrB
Larry

You should be commended for your actions today.

I hope you quickly recover from what you have had to witness today, Larry. It took a lot of self control and bravery to do what you did.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 20:02 #14 

JohnDotCom
A sad sad day for you and all concerned.
Unfortunately not as rare as you may think either.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 20:47 #15 

hodgy
Any time you want to talk, just give me a shout mate
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 20:57 #16 

SpongeBob
Very very sad to read that story. I do hope you can come to terms with the events of the day. A shocking tale.

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 10:49 #17 

loz1971
Thanks guys for all your nice comments, I didn't get any sleep last night, and probably won't sleep properly for a bit, but it could have been worse, my little girl couldn't understand why I was hugging her and crying last night, I just said because I love you so much!!!

She seemed OK with that!!

Again, thanks for all your replies.
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 20:06 #18 

phenonix
really had an impact on me reading that, so sad, for all involved, also taking heed on your advice to drive calmly.

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 12:52 #19 

suzublu
Closed on the o/c site. Rumours of a modern day myth? Pistonheads seem to think so!No reports in local news or anywhere :confused:

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 21:18 #20 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.