Vanishing posts.. by James.uk

• Related topics: (no related topics)

James.uk
Vanishing posts??? :(

I have on several occasions posted replies on various threads, only for them to disappear when I click on the "submit" button.. Is there a problem??

E.G. I have posted a note on Dave's thread supporting him in his suggestion that this site is becoming more of a social forum.. But it vanished?? TWICE!!!! :shock: :roll:

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 13:47 #1 

starbug2
i know i had a post or two disappear :censored:

i thought this was about the other side :gmc: :oops: . no problems over here :thumbsup:

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 13:49 #2 

Last edited by starbug2 on 26 Sep 2010, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

takestock
I have found that with the preview and submit buttons being opposite way around to next door, force of habit sees me pressing the preview button, then seeing the post on my screen I assume it is posted and continue to new posts :em:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 14:26 #3 

Bernard
I think you will find a message saying that while you have been answering, someone else has posted and would you like to review your post in this case.

If you don't notice this and act accordingly, then your post is not made.

In fact this just happened with Dave having posted at the same time. The wording wasn't exactly as above but the meaning is there.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 14:26 #4 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I think you will find a message saying that while you have been answering, someone else has posted and would you like to review your post in this case.

If you don't notice this and act accordingly, then your post is not made.

That has caught me out several times. It is a good idea as it may stop you making a post which immediately becomes redundant but it does take some getting used to :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 14:39 #5 

JohnDotCom
Have looked at this but cannot find any faults on system,.
Believe it is as said on posts above,
If you press Preview instead of submit easily done :em:
and
if someone has just posted before you submit, it gives you the option to Submit your post or edit it as required I believe this may be causing a few problems when not noticed properly.

The PM's are similar in the Outbox still being there until person has read the message,
great that you can edit as required and know when read.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 16:16 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
As above. I have on occasion hit preview, read the post and then pressed the back button or another link to home page etc. by mistake and then found my last post has disappeared, preview doesn't make the post, only submit will. This is the only circumstance as far as I can tell where a post will disappear. As the admins tend to be the most prolific posters, many of which are in the admin forum, discussing ways and means, we would know immediately if there was a software issue on this point.

BTW
ON the OC much of the posting in the Super Mod forum was based around complaints about behaviour of certain members and what to do about them. I am delighted to note that in the admin forum here there has not been any need to discuss members conduct, we do have the very best of members here. The creme de la creme.

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 16:30 #7