Unreal tournament by Zeb (Page 1 of 2)

Zeb
Ok I know it is a rather old First Person Shooter...but for sheer speed and entertainment value it remains difficult to beat. And it'll run well on Mickey Mouse hardware....so I find myself addicted all over again...:D Anybody here played it and fancy taking on an old pro ;)?

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 18:47 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Have it on the PS3, its awesome!

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 18:54 #2 

Zeb
Can you play online with it against PC versions? I assume so? :D

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 19:47 #3 

Martin
Well what's going on here, I know nothing about such things, but it sounds good, good luck, and, do tell more
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 19:56 #4 

raistlin
Where can I get it from?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 19:59 #5 

Zeb
Zeb
Martin wrote:Well what's going on here, I know nothing about such things, but it sounds good, good luck, and, do tell more

Well...how to describe it....it's kind of running, jumping, hiding, stalking, ambushing,and outwitting your opponents.....with guns...and big guns and um, VERY BIG GUNS!! Very sociable, and very fast moving....and nice scenery sometimes...did I mention VERY BIG GUNS? Paintball from your armchair...:D

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 20:14 #7 

Ragman
Now there's an interesting thought

very big guns - very sociable

:gmc: :gmc:

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 22:23 #8 

Zeb
Ah, well that's cos you can chat to those you is trying to kill....:D

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 06:25 #9 

Mad-Monkey
Zeb wrote:Can you play online with it against PC versions? I assume so? :D

I don't think you can. The person hosting the game becomes the server type person on the PS3 and then the other PS3's connect. When I played it on the PC many moons ago there were specific servers to connect to. Is that still the case?

Edit. Just Googled. The answer is no :(

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 06:45 #10 

SpongeBob
I so did this :D

I remember the days well (spoken like I'm old or summat :lol:)... We used to physically network computers together. Group of us friends used to bring our PC's round to one of our houses, network them together with good old fashioned wires (remember those?!) and then crack open a bag of peanuts and a few cans of pepsi then play Unreal all day long. I often didn't win, just using the "hit any key and hope I shoot something" approach. :)

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 17:10 #11 

Zeb
Good to see some interest here! One now no longer needs the CD in the Computer to make it run either...so if anybody wants to 'borrow' my copy....:D Oh, by the way...in the year 2000 I was 14th in the world..:D So, anybody fancy a blast? :D

Posted 08 Oct 2011, 20:00 #12 

Dave
Zeb wrote:Oh, by the way...in the year 2000 I was 14th in the world..:D So, anybody fancy a blast? :D

I might have been interested until you said that - I don't think I'd stand a hope in hell!

(unless there are only 15 players worldwide!!)

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 12:44 #13 

starbug2
Monk wrote:
Zeb wrote:Can you play online with it against PC versions? I assume so? :D

I don't think you can. The person hosting the game becomes the server type person on the PS3 and then the other PS3's connect. When I played it on the PC many moons ago there were specific servers to connect to. Is that still the case?

Edit. Just Googled. The answer is no :(

that has been my experience that differing formats of the same game will not mix :hissyfit:

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 13:22 #14 

Zeb
Dave wrote:
Zeb wrote:Oh, by the way...in the year 2000 I was 14th in the world..:D So, anybody fancy a blast? :D

I might have been interested until you said that - I don't think I'd stand a hope in hell!

(unless there are only 15 players worldwide!!)

Well...there were 273,000 at the time! But that WAS 11 years ago Dave...and I haven't played much since then....rusty doesn't really cover it! :D

Posted 09 Oct 2011, 14:29 #15 

ceedy
Used to play UT a lot.. but progressed on to Counterstrike on Steam, I've just popped over 650 hours play online.
Play it most evenings for a while ... sad or what ... look for my Nick name " Sneeky Weezal" :-D :-D
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 05 Nov 2011, 12:51 #16 

geesmith
I was 80,000th in the world. My username was something like Porkypig. I was always hamming it up and typing daft comments so I was constant frag fodder. I would amuse others by getting blown from high places, landing in the lava and typing "sizzle!"
Occasionally I would frag someone else."oinkyoink" ..

I'll keep watching this space. . .see if I can pig up where I left offal...

Posted 05 Nov 2011, 17:40 #17 

Zeb
Porkypig eh? :D Howsabout I set up a server for anyone ineterested?

Posted 07 Nov 2011, 08:26 #18 

geesmith
Which version will we need? I can't remember which I have. It's cheap as if you come across it. There are several open source 'unreals' available. I could install 4 or 5 now on my Linux machine. :)
Open Arena
Savage 2
Urban Terror
...jn fact here's the page I pulled up..
http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-games-best.html

If they don't run on Windows, Linux Mint 11 is free, easy to install alongside Windows giving you the choice of either or... :) oops, wandered off topic.

Posted 08 Nov 2011, 23:43 #19 

Zeb
I am using the original first version...Ut99 they tend to call it now....runs on practically anything! You need update 436 and then the open source update 451 I think?

Posted 09 Nov 2011, 07:24 #20