Trip showing err by PaulT

PaulT
Drove somewhere in the car this morning everything was OK. Driving back I noticed that the trip counter was showing err.

Brought up the trip in the onboard 'computer' display and it was showing correctly and incrementing as I went along. Stopped at some traffic lights, turned the ignition off anf then restarted and the trip now showed about 1.0 miles and incremented after that.

Any ideas?

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Nov 2010, 12:57 #1 

cymrudragon
Error will show if you start the car to quickly happens all the time to me just take your time starting rather than turning it to fast.......

Posted 25 Nov 2010, 16:37 #2 

kandyman
I think it means it's to cold out and put me back in the garage ;)

As said above it has been know to happen sometimes when you turn the keys quickly.

Posted 25 Nov 2010, 17:45 #3 

x10rich
Same thing happened to me in the week. Was worried that he IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) was faulty, but again - rebooting at the traffic lights worked :)

Posted 28 Nov 2010, 01:01 #4 

rovernut
I find the IPK display is sometimes a bit sluggish when its cold.

.....a bit like me :lol:

Chris

Posted 28 Nov 2010, 10:07 #5 

JohnDotCom
Many Sat Nav LCD's refuse to work below -3c but will be fine once warmed up.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 11:48 #6 

Mintman
err showing from time to time since i bought the car long time ago not depending on weather but depending on the mood of the ecu :D
After a contact interruption everything is ok till next time (will surely appear in the future :o ) No worries about it. :lol:

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 17:40 #7