Traction Control and ABS... by Zeb

Zeb
Oooops...been fiddling...went and started car up and tried it in all the gears...no wheels on it and up on jacks still. Gearbox fine but the ABS (Antilock Braking System) and traction control lights are now on? Is that down to me trying it in its current state or have I not plugged something in sufficiently and it has disconnected somehow?

Many thanks!

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 11:13 #1 

takestock
Not sure if it is a problem or not Zeb, however, dont remember mine coming on after having both wheels off the ground and starting car etc?

Just to narrow it down a bit :)

ABS Sensors:
Nearside= traction control and ABS
Offside= traction control ABS and Speedo.

So, is the speedo working? then you know which side the problem is at.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 12:01 #2 

Zeb
Speedo is working...methinks maybe it has just clocked that the two front wheels are turning but have no traction and the rear wheels are not turning so it assumes there is a fault? Alternatively, in separating ball joints have I cream crackered the sensor or the abs ring? :shock:

Did try removing the sensor but it'll need a good soaking in releasant.. also tried a 30 minute battery reset...to no avail...

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 16:05 #3 

Last edited by Zeb on 03 Apr 2011, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Martin
Zeb wrote:Speedo is working...methinks maybe it has just clocked that the two front wheels are turning but have no traction and the rear wheels are not turning so it assumes there is a fault?

Did try removing the sensor but it'll need a good soaking in releasant.. also tried a 30 minute battery reset...to no avail...

Ahhhhhh releasant now I have just the thing :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 16:46 #4 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:Speedo is working...methinks maybe it has just clocked that the two front wheels are turning but have no traction and the rear wheels are not turning so it assumes there is a fault? Alternatively, in separating ball joints have I cream crackered the sensor or the ABS ring? :shock:

In my experience, the ABS will not reset the fault until it has been driven about 50 yds down the road.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 19:20 #5 

DeuxGazoles
You've confused it with the front wheels spinning & the rears staying still, this happens regularly when I calibrate tachographs but as Bernard says a quick spin down the road should reset it :D
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 20:17 #6 

Zeb
Ah, good stuff.....my worries are lessened considerably! Best get the wheels back on again tomorrow then!

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 20:20 #7 

Zeb
Warning lights went out before I even got around the corner from my house.. :D :thumbsup:

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 19:01 #8