Tourer tool tray by PaulT

PaulT
I have just changed from a 2001 Tourer that had the 'tool trays' around the edge of the wheel well to a 2004 with the tool tray in the spare wheel. A little while back I was in a breakers and they had an early Tourer so I nabbed the tool trays that go around the well.

Before I fit them what are the views of you who have had experience of both - i.e. will fitting them be beneficial of detrimental.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 15:42 #1 

JakeWilson
Hi Paul,

I fitted mine when I installed the highline and they're great! :-) So good infact I got another set for Dad!

Jake

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 15:59 #2 

woolleysox
Bit of a pain to fit but well worth it.
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 16:17 #3 

Duncan
Yep, worth it as you can keep the overflowing bits of your hiline in the spare wheel.

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 20:31 #4 

Duncan
Yep, worth it as you can keep the overflowing bits of your hiline in the spare wheel. Or other more useful stuff like detacheabl towballs, jump leads and so on.

The centre tray deon't fit unless you have a spacesaver, I'm told so I didn't buy one of those.

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 20:31 #5 

JakeWilson
Duncan wrote:Yep, worth it as you can keep the overflowing bits of your hiline in the spare wheel. Or other more useful stuff like detacheabl towballs, jump leads and so on.

The centre tray deon't fit unless you have a spacesaver, I'm told so I didn't buy one of those.

Certainly anything 17 and 18 inch wheels it's a no no for the tray! Haven't tried with anything smaller!

Posted 14 Jun 2012, 22:22 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
An aside.
I have the centre tray in a full sized 18" (saloon) the only part that doesn't fit is the jack handle. That's wedged neatly out of sight beside the wheel.

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 09:49 #7 

PaulT
Thanks for the replies - I shall now fit the earlier tray.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Jun 2012, 22:43 #8