Today's Post Office diatribe by raistlin

raistlin
Does anybody use the Royal Mail Online Postage Service?

I do, and it's getting to the stage now where I wish I didn't.

The online system is giving some small discounts,presumably to encourage people to use the system. Unfortunately, the "real estate" post offices haven't been made aware so when they weigh your parcel it produces a slightly higher cost. They don't seem to realise that if you've paid online then the price is probably right. Instead they take great delight (it seems) in refusing to accept the parcel, even with the offer to pay the 5p or so extra for the sake of expediency.

Complaining to the Post Office customer services roduced the following answer:-

"Yes, we know about this. It is taking time to educate individual post offices. Take the parcel back and insist that they either accept it or contact us to confirm."

So you take it back to be told "Your computer must need updating, our systems are never wrong"

Only the Post Office...
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Apr 2016, 13:39 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
I never have any trouble at my local post office next to Morrisons, the girls there are always very helpful mind that could have something to do with the bottle of wine and box of chocolates I give to each of them every Xmas;)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 27 Apr 2016, 14:16 #2 

raistlin
Arctic wrote:bottle of wine and box of chocolates I give to each of them every Xmas;)

So that's where I'm going wrong Steve :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Apr 2016, 14:27 #3 

PaulT
Several postmasters have been prosecuted and some jailed because their accounts do not equal what the computer says they should be. Naturally, the PO has called in experts to show that there is nothing wrong with their system.......though others say the system is at fault. Who do you believe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33948131
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 27 Apr 2016, 19:15 #4