• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Dec 2012, 18:10 #1 

Bolin
Not good.

I have photos on Facebook but not on Instagram. I'll have to check the T&C's for those, been so long since I could upload photo albums that I don't know if they would go directly onto Facebook now or Instagram.... I may have to delete what photos I do have there, especially as there are few that are quite nice, doubt there is much or any money in them but I'm not having other people making a buck from my efforts.

I think almost all photo-storing sites have T&C's that mean you surrender copyright to them, but as far as I know that doesn't mean they can make money from the pics - not sure though. I'll have to investigate.

Either way I've learnt about Ubuntu's 1 service so hopefully that will provide the solution now.

Posted 18 Dec 2012, 19:03 #2 

Jürgen
Every time I read about changes within their system, I think "Wow, that's crazy. You can't top this." But they prove me wrong. Every time. Amazing.

(BTW I don't hold an account with them.)

Posted 18 Dec 2012, 19:04 #3 

carlpenn
Bye Bye Facebook..............
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 19 Dec 2012, 23:36 #4 

Bermudan 75
Don't use Facebook, Twitter etc, what a load of cobblers..... why are people so vain that they want every aspect of their lives put into the public domain?

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 00:02 #5 

stevemac
Rover418275 wrote:Don't use Facebook, Twitter etc, what a load of cobblers..... why are people so vain that they want every aspect of their lives put into the public domain?

Far from being cobblers, Twitter is a very useful tool. I follow the BBC headlines and so get news updates as they happen, far sooner than most people that wait for News at Ten or read a Newspaper. But then I am very interested in current affairs. Likewise I follow the Met Office and get weather updates. I also follow Prof Brian Cox and the lovely Dr Alice Roberts, both of whom I have queried something with and have had replies. I would never have been able to interact with these interesting people any other way. Following the landing of "Curiosity" via Twitter was very exciting. They are just new ways of communicating, no different than this forum, you just have to open your mind a bit.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 09:26 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Don't use instagram, but do use Facebook. I already know FB claims copyright of the images but it makes sharing the photos a lot easier with friends and family as most of them know how to use FB, despite not being very computer/internet savvy. I did decide when I first read about Instagram that I should probably buy some server space and host my own photos and link them to facebook instead, but its time and expense. I use Photobucket as well but I guess it won't be long before all company's look to do the same.

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 10:26 #7 

Gate Keeper
All the photos I have posted up on FB carry my signature and have not caused any problems. I did post up a music video I had made with a compilation of various tracks from different artists. FB sent me a copy right warning but still allowed it. I have Instagram and never use it. I use FB as it helps family and friends to keep an eye out for me and for me it is visa versa.
All the best

Phil

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 06:16 #8