This begs a few questions by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9236915/Olympic-defence-missiles-dont-work-in-bad-weather.html

1. Is security really going to be at the whim of the weather? ;)

More seriously:-

2. Apparently a Rapier site is to be located atop a water tower in a gated community, amongst other desnsely populated areas. Hmm... has anybody ever been close to a Rapier site when they let one go? I have. I wouldn't like to be that close thank you ever so much.

3. Assuming any incoming threat will need to be confirmed prior to targeting, one wonders which part of the London surrounds will be considered as a suitable sacrificial site over which to destroy the threat... and also those non-olympic, ergo expendable, citizens directly underneath it :(

4. It would make sense, I suppose, for an attacker to attempt to neutralise the missile emplacements prior to sending in the threat aircraft. I wonder how the people who live in the vicinity of the proposed sites feel about that?

Just musing ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 19:11 #1 

kandyman
I'm 12 miles from the Olympic Stadium as the crow flies, so if anythings going to happen I should be able to hear it.

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 20:02 #2 

Bermudan 75
The missiles are to be used to get those crows......especially if they poo on your car

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 22:24 #3