Think I've been stuped by Gren 24

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Gren 24
I have done a stupid thing this afternoon went to the scrap yard to see if there was any thing worth having. find a IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) with message center and the arm,so got it thinking some-one may wont it, got home put it in my tourer and all working so great . Put mine back in now the speedometer and fuel gauge not working every thing else on the IPK working.I did the on-board diagnostics and all working,checked the fuses and they are ok.Any one any ideas on how to sort it.
Sorry Paul no chrome grille

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 17:19 #1 

Duncan
You will probably find one of the two connectors didn't go in fully, is my guess! Let me look if CAN (Bus Controller Area Network) and fuel gauge are on the same connector.

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 17:27 #2 

Duncan
Confirmed, The CAN and sensor ground are on the same connector, the one that doesn't have the power connections, so it's quite possible one isn't latched properly.

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 17:30 #3 

Gren 24
Hi Duncan, I have tried the connections twice and still the same.

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 17:35 #4 

Duncan
Is it only the speedo, or the rev counter too? Anything else not working or unexpected warning lights? Outside air temperature reading OK?

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 17:42 #5 

Gren 24
Speedo and fuel gauge both not working every thing else is working fine they work when I do the on-board diagnostics and do the cluster system test

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 17:48 #6 

Duncan
I can only suggest a full reset, by completely disconnecting and reconnecting after a few minutes. Does the fuel gauge still work on the spare IPK?

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 18:25 #7 

Gren 24
I will try that in the morning the tourer is in my garage which is 5 minute walk from my house and getting a bit dark round there to be messing. fingers crossed that will work.
Thanks for all your help with this. will let you know if it works and see you Saturday with nice weather hope fully

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 18:40 #8 

kandyman
I would go with one of the connectors in the back of the IPK not been seated correctly. I had the same issues when I fitted the traffic master unit a few years back.

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 19:36 #9 

Gren 24
Thanks Duncan & Kandyman,Speedo and fuel gauge are working as they should now.disconnected battery waited 1/2 hour still the same so took the connectors of and waited a few minutes put connectors back and still the same. so disconnected battery and connectors waited an hour put all back and it is working as it should.
Thanks for your help with sorting it,cheers Les

Posted 11 Sep 2013, 13:54 #10 

kandyman
Thats Great news,

When i attempt theses simply jobs something always goes wrong :panic:

Well done

Posted 11 Sep 2013, 14:12 #11