There they were, diggin' this 'ole... by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Yesterday, the local authority finished off replacing the footpath in our street with a nice new tarmac surface. They've been at it for weeks. They've installed driveway entrances, new kerbs, re-turfed where required and really put a lot of effort into the job.

At the moment I'm looking out of my window watching a different group of contractors digging it up to lay cables.

Left hand? Right Hand?

Presumably, these contractors will have been brought in after a survey. Bearing in mind that our footpaths have been dug up now for weeks, am I being somewhat cynical in finding that they are digging up freshly laid tarmac the day after it was finished?

Oh, and get this. They carefully removed all the local authority barriers... and set their own barriers up :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Apr 2014, 10:01 #1 

PaulT
Many years ago the government of the day was saying that roadworks needed to be co-ordinated so this type of thing does not occur. At the end of the day Paul you will pay for all this in your Council Tax and then by higher charges for whatever the cables are for. The only winners are the contractors who have doubled their work.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Apr 2014, 13:27 #2