The world is full of plonkers.... by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
...and they all seem to be on the M6 at the moment. What on earth is going on with the speed limits! There are signs for 40 and 50 next to each other, it seems every other gantry is on with an assortment of limits, no one pays attention to them anyway as they speed down. Accident at spaghetti made everyone jump lanes still ignoring the limits. One woman just ignored my presence on the M54 and decided to move over into my lane whilst I was next to her, luckily no one was behind me as I almost did an emergency stop. Then had someone think I cut him up as someone else did it again and the only place I could go was the next lane, and he was doing over the limit as well.

Geez it was an unpleasant drive home.

Posted 04 May 2014, 17:19 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Ah that's better! Rant over :)

Posted 04 May 2014, 17:19 #2 

Bernard
Had a similar experience with the speed limits. I sometimes think that the confusion is deliberate to ensure that a lot of drivers are caught. There were contradictory limits signalled more than once and then I had the ball-ache of a 20 mile roadworks 50 limit when the actual work was over a 200 yard stretch, or at least would have been had they been working today.

Sent via Tapatalk.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 May 2014, 19:11 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I hope I haven't had the misfortune to get caught. It was utterly confusing. Should of made sure the DVR was on.

Posted 04 May 2014, 19:34 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I went home via the M6 Toll, M6, A14, A141 Traffic was very light and there were no numpties, kept speed between 60-65. Most enjoyable except for the screaming tyre noises from passing vehicles. I'm sure they were never that bad last time I owned a soft top, or perhaps I used just to scream past them at 90-100. :roll:

Posted 04 May 2014, 20:12 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Mick wrote:I went home via the M6 Toll, M6, A14, A141 Traffic was very light and there were no numpties, kept speed between 60-65. Most enjoyable except for the screaming tyre noises from passing vehicles. I'm sure they were never that bad last time I owned a soft top, or perhaps I used just to scream past them at 90-100. :roll:

Wish I was that lucky. I was doing 40 on the M6 in the roadworks and had everyone screaming past me! The cameras certainly earned the coffers today!

Posted 04 May 2014, 21:24 #6 

Bernard
Mick wrote:I went home via the M6 Toll, M6, A14, A141 Traffic was very light and there were no numpties, kept speed between 60-65. Most enjoyable except for the screaming tyre noises from passing vehicles. I'm sure they were never that bad last time I owned a soft top, or perhaps I used just to scream past them at 90-100. :roll:

I'm sure that it was the latter, Mick.
Your car looks perfect when seen for real as well as the photos.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 May 2014, 10:03 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Bernard. The oil leaks have now been cured, thanks to Lates and Pete. So all systems go for the rest of the summer.

Posted 05 May 2014, 10:05 #8 

JohnDotCom
A lot of these different speed limits in different lanes are all part of the traffic management systems on certain motorways, and linked to speed cameras normally on back of next or indicated gantrys, in what is called variable speed controlled areas.
Meant to be used in hours of congestion but often switched on randomly it appears.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 May 2014, 18:33 #9