The 'new' MG by Geoffrey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Geoffrey
I see yesterday's Times carried quite an extensive article on the latest Longbridge episode, announcing the use of the production line of the 75 for cars 80% of which are to be made in China and assembled at Longbridge by a work force of about 40.
The heading of the article is 'It's an MG, but would Austin Powers drive it? The British marque is back, with a family-friendly face'

Later comments include the following:

'In its hatchback version it is designed for a family of five [...] it is somewhere between a Focus and a Mondeo but, with a price tag of between £17,000 and £20,000 it aims to lure the punter who thinks he has too much class for a Ford but who can't afford a BMW. It will be produced on the same production line as the old Rover 75, but they'd rather you didn't call it a Rover makeover.'

This all sounds depressingly familiar. Any news from other sources ???

Geoffrey

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 19:13 #1 

Zeb
Only from the Daily Mirror...Quentin Wilson....so I'll not bother you with his limited drivellings... :D

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 19:18 #2 

Stelad
Check out MGs own Facebook page for all the latest news straight from the horses mouth, including first pics of the MG6 saloon. Much better looking than the hatchback in my humble opinion :D

Regards, Steven :unionflag:

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 19:32 #3 

Tourerfogey
Why on earth is our learned friend Zeb reading the Daily Mirror ?

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 22:20 #4 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:Why on earth is our learned friend Zeb reading the Daily Mirror ?

It was an accident....I blame the moa... er another forum.... :D

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 22:55 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
@ Geoffrey, have a look here:- http://www.facebook.com/MGmotor

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 23:08 #6 

Geoffrey
Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of the website and other information. I did manage to get a few photos when I was in the UK last August, staying with family in Barnt Green at the time : will try to add some of the photos from my new photobucket account, although never having done this before, it's something of on ordeal
Geoffrey
IMG_1459.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg
IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg
IMG_1459.jpg

Second attempt, but...

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 18:32 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Geoffrey, you have a PM. ;)

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 19:07 #8 

Cowley_MOA
Zeb wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:Why on earth is our learned friend Zeb reading the Daily Mirror ?

It was an accident....I blame the moa... er another forum.... :D

The MOA how dare you ;) :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 19:09 #9