The Madness Continues.......................... by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
................ Top Gear returns to the goggle box on Sunday 2nd Feb at 20.00. Love it or hate it, the lunatics have escaped from the asylum for another series.

Enjoy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01qjhg ... news&index

Posted 29 Jan 2014, 14:49 #1 

Jürgen
They're on the loose again?!? :scared:

Well, that's good news. :D

Posted 29 Jan 2014, 15:16 #2 

Dave Goody
But it's still the most popular programme on TV worldwide! I travel all over the world on business and whenever TV comes into the conversation I am asked "Do you watch Top Gear?" Love it or hate it, its a huge moneymaker for the UK.

Posted 30 Jan 2014, 10:31 #3 

Roverite
I hate it. It is also a great moneymaker for Clarkson who owns the BBC rights for the program; how did he manage to highjack the program from the BBC? Originally, it was a 'motoring' program, now it is a light entertainment comedy show, and the other channels programs are no better. Surely there is enough sophisticated motoring content to put on at least one half hour program each week.

Roverite.

Posted 30 Jan 2014, 16:03 #4 

JohnDotCom
Best thing that happened when those three took over.
Even my Wife loves to watch this but would never watch a car show etc, just great entertainment.
So what how much they earn, better than garbage footballers!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 Jan 2014, 19:12 #5 

Bermudan 75
The Madness Continues.... strewth glad it is just Top Gear back on the air, for one awful moment I thought it was referring to the England cricket team playing another Test Series......

Cheers

Mike

Posted 31 Jan 2014, 19:21 #6 

Roverite
JohnDotCom wrote:Best thing that happened when those three took over.
Even my Wife loves to watch this but would never watch a car show etc, just great entertainment.
So what how much they earn, better than garbage footballers!

Well, that's me put in my place! I agree about footballers though. Have a nice day.

Roverite.

Sorry it wasn't a dig at you at all, was just meant as a personal comment, sorry if it came over otherwise.

Posted 01 Feb 2014, 13:43 #7 

Jürgen
I don't look at it as a car show. It's just fun and entertainment. Just coincidentally cars are involved. ;)
If I want to get news about cars, I'll look elsewhere (different sources on the internet for example).

Posted 01 Feb 2014, 15:59 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I have either had a senseofhumourectomy or TG has just fallen below the titter event horizon. I sincerely hope next weeks episode is an improvement.

Posted 03 Feb 2014, 11:37 #9 

PaulT
Gave up watching a few years ago - sorry, I no longer find it entertaining just a means of massaging someones ego.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 03 Feb 2014, 16:13 #10 

Bolin
Not just you Mick, I found it wasn't particularly good. Same old staged jokes repeated again and again - new ideas needed.

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 19:39 #11 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Gave up watching a few years ago - sorry, I no longer find it entertaining just a means of massaging someones ego.

Couldn't have put it better myself Paul.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 19:44 #12 

Jürgen
Well, it wasn't as bad as expected after reading your comments. But it wasn't as good as expected before reading your comments either.

Posted 06 Feb 2014, 11:53 #13