That's what I'm talkin' 'bout by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9393126/MoD-fury-as-soldiers-forced-to-carry-out-menial-security-tasks-for-Olympic-Games.html

G4S gets what was it? £500 million and they can't get anybody to turn up to check bags. So the poor old troops can do it... and look... the security company suddenly has 3500 less sets of wages to find. We, the tax payer, can fund the shortfall and add to the security firm's profits.

Meanwhile, the troops don't even get toilet facilities.

As I've posited previously, amateur athletics or Mammon?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 20:25 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 12 Jul 2012, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

Jumper
Blimey! Good job we've still got enough squaddies!

Posted 12 Jul 2012, 11:16 #2 

carlpenn
This Olympics Fiasco is an Epic cock up.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 12 Jul 2012, 23:26 #3 

podge
One memorable line reads in an overseas paper today..........

""The move brings the total number of armed forces staff at the games to 17,000, dwarfing the 9,500 troops Britain has in Afghanistan.""

That cannot be true surely?,I just hope beyond hope that the whole thing does not turn into a national embarasment that will go down in history.
The diamond jubilee celebrations were superbly organised.I notice that "Lord" Coe is very low in his profile at the moment.I also learnt today,that huge amounts of woodchips are being lorry loaded into Hyde Park to soak up the mud.Just what will happen to all the thousands on tons of sand going into horseguards for the beach volleyball....sand on top of a waterproof membrane(tarmac),lots of rain.........beach mudball?
T5 is chaos,B.A will really suffer but its not their fault,we saw this coming years ago...low border control staff.I will not go on any more.....but HOW MUCH is that security firm getting.thats obscene.

Posted 13 Jul 2012, 20:14 #4 

raistlin
Did you also hear that G4S, who caused this mess, have just now been given an extra £57 million pounds? Just who do they think they are? - Civil Servants? :lol:
Paul

Posted 13 Jul 2012, 20:34 #5 

raistlin
This just gets more farcical:-

"Jeremy Hunt says it is COMPLETELY NORMAL for a contractor to fail to deliver on a major contract"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9401166/Jeremy-Hunt-completely-normal-for-contractor-to-fail-to-deliver.html
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 14:14 #6 

Duncan
You have to remember, Jeremy Hunt is rhyming slang.

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 20:22 #7