Terraclean Booked by kandyman

kandyman
As some of you might have read from a few of my post I have been thinking about getting my car terracleaned.

The first i heard about this treatment was watching Edd China on Wheeler Dealers when he TerraClean a Jaguar,since then I have read some good reviews on quite a few car forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiViPKIo ... ata_player

To read what this treatment is all about have a read on the website http://www.terraclean.co.uk

To find a garage near you that offer this service you can use the contact us page on the website and they will get back to you ASAP or you can call them, I used the contact page and got an email back the same day giving me the local dealer.

I have email contact with Martin Dowd the managing director of Terraclean and he was very interested to hear the outcome of getting the treatment carried out on my car, he also invited me to pop in to his offices at Northumberland on my way back from Scotland for a coffee and a chat and to get a gauge of the business behind the scenes ,sorry to say I won't be able to take him up his kind offer this time.

Today I have book my car in at Daly EMS Ltd based in Cupar Fife to have this treatment carried out on my R75 2.5 v6.

If I'm allowed I will take a few pictures (sorry only IPhone camera) of the equipment in use and I'll try to do a small write up of the process.

After my return trip from Scotland to Kent I'll update the thread with trip readings to see if there's any noticeable diffrents in the Av MGP.

Is there any questions that you would like me to ask while I'm there let me know and I'll ask the guys carrying out the treatment or I'll email Martin Dowd and ask the questions to him.

Wish me luck guys :)

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 10:03 #1 

kandyman
Well I'm back,
Today i took my car to Daly EMS Ltd who are based in Cupar Fife to have it Terracleaned.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344875442.014302.jpg

First off I have to mention how friendly the guys over there were and they were happy to answer my questions and to explain each step of the process as they did it.
I don't think I have seen a workshop or equipment so clean before, it is nice to see people looking after there shop/tools

The car was put on a emission tester to have a read out that we could compare before and after results, I was told that sometime there is not that much difference in the 2 readings.
This was true in my case as the before reading were very low to start with,I do have the results print out and will look at getting them scanned in when I am back home if not before.

The first step of the treatment was to disconnect the fuel pump which as we know is always fun to get at as it's housed under the rear seat so after some pushing and pulling we managed to get the seat out to gain access to the pump which was then disconnected, it was mentioned about removing the fuse for the pump but it was decided that disconnecting the pump was the best route to take.
Next the petrol cap was removed to release any pressure in the system and under the bonnet they disconnected the fuel feed pipe and blocked of the return feed pipe.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344875509.217866.jpg

Next the terraclean equipment is connected to the fuel feed pipe and is powered from the car battery and also connected to a air-line which is set to the same pressure as the cars system,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344875560.398839.jpg

They are two types of fuel cans connected to the machine, i believe that this was some sort of pure fuel that are connected to the machine and then pumped in to the cars fuel system.
The car is set to tick over at 1500rmp while it is running on the terraclean equipment, depending on the car this will be 10 to 20 minutes mine was running for about 15 minutes before the machine beeped at us to shut down before it ran out of fuel.

The car was then put back together and taken for a test drive by the tester and then put back on the emission test machine for the after reading and handed back to me.

The drive from the garage back to where I'm staying is about 25 miles and is made up of B roads and motorway driving.
The car felt smoother and more responsive when required at all rev ranges. It's a bit to soon to see any difference to the Av MPG but I'll compare this on my 470ish mile trip home.

I have took a couple of picture but theres not really a lot to see, it's like getting the car AC regased.

So far I'm happy with the treatment and result.

I'll update the thread when I have my return milage to compare .

Thanks for reading :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 16:36 #2 

Bolin
Very interesting stuff, thanks for posting it.

Certainly much easier than removing both KV6 cylinder heads and de-carbonising the traditional way!

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 17:42 #3 

kandyman
I'm back home now,

Using the on board trip on my way to Scotland I logged

471 miles
34.4 mpg
74.6 mph

On my return trip I logged, the return journey was after I had the terraclean treatment.

472 miles
35.1mpg
73mph

I have be keeping track of my trips the last few years and I have only ever managed to get in the low 34's this is the first time I managed to hit 35.

Anyone work out the saving on the before and after ?

Is this down to it been Terraclean ? Who can say for sure.

The car still feels more responsive and smoother to drive so I'm still happy.

I'll get the before and after emission test loaded up some time this week when I'm back in the office.

Posted 18 Aug 2012, 16:34 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I wouldn't expect much change, considering age of your car and, modern petrol engines and fuels tend not to produce much coke. Probably worth doing on a car with 150k on the clock, especially a diesel.

Posted 18 Aug 2012, 17:55 #5 

kandyman
Just found this YouTube video that shows how the system is run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SFUAp8iPM&sns=em

Posted 06 Sep 2012, 17:05 #6 

vindaloo
I had my diesel tourer Terracleaned at my local garage in Lancashire, just over a week ago, travelled about 500 miles since and it is definitely smoother and a little livelier, slightly better fuel consumption but not much.

Posted 11 Sep 2012, 20:51 #7 

raistlin
How much does this cost please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Jul 2013, 20:23 #8 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:How much does this cost please?

Hi Paul,
Can't believe I never put the cost up.

I seem to think mine cost about £80 but this was in Scotland were things do cost a bit less than London.

Funny this has popped up as I'm due to drive to Scotland in 3 weeks I wonder if there's any advantage to having the treatment carried out again ?

Posted 30 Jul 2013, 21:48 #9 

raistlin
Thanks Andy :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Jul 2013, 05:38 #10 

kandyman
I spoke to Terraclean and they have told me its not worth doing my car again so soon after last time.

There have said its only worth thinking about every 15k miles.

Cheers

Posted 04 Aug 2013, 18:25 #11 

kandyman
While speaking to Terraclean we have managed to join there affiliate programme, which means more savings for the community :)

Details can be found on the link below.

http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/terraclean-official-affilliate-programme-t7344.html

Posted 05 Aug 2013, 17:01 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well done Andy. Another coup for the Community. :) I'll probably be getting mine done at some point, I'm on 56K miles in 9 years so probably a prime candidate as most of my journeys are quite short.

Posted 05 Aug 2013, 17:15 #13 

JohnDotCom
.............wonder if mine needs doing? :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Aug 2013, 14:14 #14 

kandyman
JohnDotCom wrote:.............wonder if mine needs doing? :gmc:

With the miles that you have on her I think you'll need about 3 ;)

Posted 07 Aug 2013, 18:24 #15