Synology NAS with Dropbox or SynoDS by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
I have Dropbox on my iPad which is very handy when I'm surfing the net find a file I want and need to download. The iPad will let me download it to my Dropbox account and then I can pick it up later on the PC. Is there a way to use Dropbox on Synology NAS drives so it then automatically downloads to the drive and then frees some space back in my Dropbox account? There appears to be something for the QNAP devices, but I don't want to buy any new hardware.

The app store has SynoDS which looks to do exactly what I want and is only £2.49 but just wondered if anyone has tried it before I purchase. I'd prefer Dropbox as I don't have to spend anything and is quite intuitive, but i'm not going to kick up a fuss on £2.49 if its just as good or better.

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 07:10 #1 

Duncan
Quick search on the synology forums suggests theres an app called cloudstation.

I know nothing more about it though.

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 07:37 #2 

Mad-Monkey
I searched the app store for cloud station and nothing came up. I will search again!

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 07:41 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Ah looking on the net it's only supported on PCs and no support for iPad or iPhone as of yet

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 07:47 #4 

NigPercival
The app store how old hat if you jailbreak you're iPad you can use instalious and it's the same as AppStore but all for free

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 08:21 #5 

Mad-Monkey
I haven't felt the need for jail breaking yet, I may try it one day :)

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 09:04 #6 

NigPercival
Well worth it opens the whole system up as it should be supplied by apple

Posted 29 Jun 2012, 09:38 #7 

Mad-Monkey
SynoDS works a charm with the iPad you just have to make sure you have download station active! Works brilliantly on the local network, tomorrow going to set it up for over the Internet usage! Thought I'd add this to let anyone else know incase they were wondering the same :)

Posted 01 Jul 2012, 22:53 #8