suspension by dreamster

• Related topics: (no related topics)

dreamster
The front offside suspension has failed on Mine resulting in the shocker rubbing against the tyre.What can have happened.I'm going to have to get it towed.

Posted 16 Mar 2015, 19:35 #1 

Duncan
The usual failure is the spring breaking. There is a protector that should be retrofitted to prevent tyre contact, but often isn't.

You do say the shocker is rubbing on the tyre though, and I've never heard of that.

Posted 16 Mar 2015, 21:33 #2 

dreamster
The shocker in question has severe tin worm.Where might I get a replacement or does anyone recondition shockers ?

Posted 27 Apr 2015, 17:13 #3 

Duncan
If its rusty, you wouldn't want to recondition it anyway. Replacements are available through Xpart via Rimmers and ECarparts amongst others, plus many places on ebay.

Posted 27 Apr 2015, 17:17 #4 

Duncan
Sorry, just realised this is in the V8 section. Therefore I can't be sure, though I have seen V8 shockers on ebay.

Posted 27 Apr 2015, 17:21 #5 

dreamster
It seems there are no replacement shocks anywhere.My only option seems to be scrap.what would be a reasonable price ?

Posted 28 Apr 2015, 18:04 #6 

Rich
Dreamster, did you get any further with this? What was the cause of the issue?

I know the shocks are NLA, but I've seen a few new/used sets advertised on the 260's forum in the last few months.

Rich

Posted 07 May 2015, 14:09 #7 

dreamster
No further I'm afraid.

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 16:59 #8 

ceedy
Are you reg'd on the 260's website they are slowly sorting this problem out ..
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 23 Sep 2015, 17:04 #9