Summer and the Met Office by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
I don't know about everyone else but here in South Cheshire we are having a lovely spell of summer weather. The forecast is that this should continue until Sunday at least. So that will be a third of September almost, or according to the Met Office, Autumn.

Funny thing is when I was at school in the 1960s Autumn started on the 22nd September or thereabouts, as stated in my text books which were first published circa 1920 with numerous reprints.

Has the EU changed the start of Autumn as 1 Sept, Winter 1 Dec, Spring 1 March and Summer 1 July? Or has it been changed to fit in with Tesco's 'Back to School' advertising campaign ?

Or is it an accounting exercise? :confused:

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 21:42 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
As far as I am concerned Summer ends the day the Swallows pack their wings and fly South. That was last Thursday round here. :(

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 21:52 #2 

Bermudan 75
We have scores of them flying around here at the moment, ducks in the garden pond and the Sparrows are still breeding like rabbits.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 21:58 #3 

carlpenn
Rover418275 wrote:I don't know about everyone else but here in South Cheshire we are having a lovely spell of summer weather. The forecast is that this should continue until Sunday at least. So that will be a third of September almost, or according to the Met Office, Autumn.

Funny thing is when I was at school in the 1960s Autumn started on the 22nd September or thereabouts, as stated in my text books which were first published circa 1920 with numerous reprints.

Has the EU changed the start of Autumn as 1 Sept, Winter 1 Dec, Spring 1 March and Summer 1 July? Or has it been changed to fit in with Tesco's 'Back to School' advertising campaign ?

Or is it an accounting exercise? :confused:

Well, Asda have had Santa's Grotto's up for a week now in some Stores, so Maybe we are officially in Winter? Tina spotted Asda having Christmas Cards on the shelf already??????????
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 22:30 #4