Still in touch with the much missed Tourer!!! by podge

podge
I sold our much missed 75 Tourer last year to a young guy on the Isle of Wight and he absolutely loves it.....I could have got a touch more from a Trader but wanted her looked after.....Well the chap said we are welcome to use it if we pop over for a day trip!He has had starting issues and a local "expert" was going to charge a mint for all sorts of things.I suggested that as it has been rather "damp" of late to check the plenum chamber (I did show him how to clear them when he bought it).Well,a lucky escape,he took out the ECU (Engine Control Unit) and left it on a radiator overnight.....bingo!!!
What is so nice is that he is a young lad and no thoughts of "Pipe and Slippers" yet!!
I hope you don't mind me keeping in touch,I still have the MGB GT so am still "connected" as it were :-)
Pete.

Posted 03 Feb 2014, 17:49 #1 

JohnDotCom
Of course we don't mind P.
We like to hear from all members, old and new and after they have changed manufacturer. :-D

It's a good reminder at this time of year, more so with all this rain, for people to check their Plenum chambers, much easier and cheaper than a new ECU.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Feb 2014, 19:51 #2