So which MAF then by Grossebaby (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Grossebaby
In times gone by it was buy a Bosch but it'll break or buy a pierburg and it will last but you need a mafam and you will never be quite sure if it is set right.

What do people say now?

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 21:59 #1 

MrB
Judging by jonjon's woes I am going to try and stick to Bosch.

Seems the Pierburg might not be more reliable?!? :confused:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 22:10 #2 

jonjon77
roverron has said he will replace the pierburg maf but as lm more than happy with how the car is now l wont be fitting it.so l suposse the bosch has my vote but lm sure the pierburg will have many fans.l havnt come across many posts regarding faulty peirburgs but without the help of a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) mine would still be in the car with me thinking the problem is somewhere else.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 22:43 #3 

Grossebaby
I don't get replies from Rover Ron at the moment!

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 07:46 #4 

JohnDotCom
I think the fact that Ron is in semi retirement,
and has tie in Company handling lots of things, may take longer for a personal reply.
You can always try ringing him.

There have been a few horror stories re the Bosch MAFs and less so the \Pierburg which are of course cheaper but likewise won't work without a Mafam or a Synergy.
Retail for the Bosch MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) is still very expensive by comparison once you have a synergy box with all its other bonuses.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 09:45 #5 

Grossebaby
Rang Ron, now I think I'm going to give her some time to settle down before making any decisions but I do think it may be I now have another air leak, a dirty pcv and a dirty egr valve.

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 15:59 #6 

JohnDotCom
The Official part Number to use is now: MHK101130SLP Air Flow Sensor - Diesel - Genuine. £179.05 ex VAT £210.38 inc VAT
Now that is a lot of pennies. :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 17:14 #7 

Rammie
Was someone looking for a Bosch maf??
View eBay item 260616780015

Need to be quick though
Brian

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 21:15 #8 

JohnDotCom
It is secondhand off a 2004 so may well need changing again very quickly.
John

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 21:19 #9 

Rammie
JohnDotCom wrote:It is secondhand off a 2004 so may well need changing again very quickly.

Cheap though John, might be worth the risk for that sort of dosh, maybe??
Brian

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 21:23 #10 

Duncan
I wouldn't as my 2004 car with only 40k needs a new one already.

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 21:30 #11 

JohnDotCom
I have several old MAFs off my car,
thats given me an idea for some funds. :cry: :gmc:
John

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 21:31 #12 

Rammie
Your right, I've got one too. Now where is that picture? :?:
Brian

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 21:43 #13 

shy talk
New Bosch MAFs ?. Type in Worldcarparts, when you are on the site. Type in MAF & part number f00C2G2029 and voila a new Bosch MAF, for £79-99. or if you want a complete unit the part number is 0928400357 or 0928400520. Genuine Bosch MAF for MG/Rover 75 ZT, BMW M47R diesel engines. Lots of luck shy talk

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 18:16 #14 

shy talk
Sorry gents I would have put a link in to the above site, if I knew how to do it. shy talk

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 18:32 #15 

Rammie
Brian

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 18:41 #16 

JohnDotCom
John

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 18:58 #17 

shy talk
To Yertiz, and JDC, thankyou for the links, unfortunately I am not well versed where computers are concerned. shy talk

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 19:20 #18 

Rammie
shy talk wrote:To Yertiz, and JDC, thankyou for the links, unfortunately I am not well versed where computers are concerned. shy talk

Hi Shy Talk,

To put a link to a site on the forum, just copy the link from the address bar by right clicking, which will highlight the whole address and the left click on "copy".
This will put it on your clipboard.
Go to the "post a reply" section on the forum where you would type your response / question etc. Right click again where your cursor is and then left click on "paste" and that's it, I think?

Why not give it a try when you are next on here?

Hope this helps you.
Brian

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 20:39 #19 

Mintman
Another supplier:

http://www.maf-shop.com

Sorry but i couldn't insert the direct link as there website always inserts some strange signs during copy/paste.

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 16:56 #20 

Last edited by SpongeBob on 15 Oct 2010, 17:51, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fixed URL problem